TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

When I said its sad, I meant more that some if the thing rides I enjoyed as a kid are gone, but it would be even worse if that have of the park hasn't changed since then.

The only downside is that there are fewer rides that my young niece and nephew can ride than there were when I was their age.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are beautiful pictures! Thanks for the post, I'm going to read the article. There's a definite difference in the "feeling" you get when you're in either East or West Futureworld. And now I know the reason.

Epcot does have the most boss icon with Spaceship Earth too. It's totally overwhelming in a good way. There is nothing like it.

Edited by PikaPika

When I said its sad, I meant more that some if the thing rides I enjoyed as a kid are gone, but it would be even worse if that have of the park hasn't changed since then.

The only downside is that there are fewer rides that my young niece and nephew can ride than there were when I was their age.

Sad like watching old episodes of Reading Rainbow or 3-2-1 Contact. Don't want to go back but I miss it somehow!

God, I forgot I even created this thread.

I have to say, having visited EPCOT a couple of months after making this post, I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed the changes. I didn't bother with Journey, but I really liked both MS and TT, and I liked seeing the videos of the rehab from the latter. My point of view has changed in the years since then, and I realize now that nostalgia can only take you so far when it comes to parks. I think you need to change with the times, and do what you can to keep a place like this relevant to the people of today, and if that involves adding a few thrill rides, then so be it.

That being said, I still think futureworld could use a little TLC, from what I've seen and heard, and hopefully the new TT will be the starting point.

I like the park. Journey is a complete waste of time, of course, but the rest of the stuff ranges from OK to great. And World Showcase rules, especially the food (and even more during Food & Wine!). I always have a good time at this park, and look forward to visiting it again this year.

I do think the Spaceship Earth update really should have included pillows, as it would have made it even easier to nap in there...

dt

^Food & Wine is my favorite theme-park event and the best time to visit Epcot.

Now if they were to lose the Cheddar Cheese Soup at the Canada booth or the Lava Cake at the Ireland booth, that would be a tragedy.

^There is indeed fondue and other cheese goodness at The Country Of Cheese. In fact, this photo trip report of mine will show you many of the fine food available at Food & Wine...Ice Bat Eats Orlando

dt

Lord, I still remember the excellent pork slider and the incredible filet mignon from last year . . . o-o-o-o-o-o-o . . .

Now, to get back on topic, what is your favorite "Lost EPCOT" attraction? I guess I'll go with Horizons (gotta like the Robot Butler).

Edited by cfc

^ Well, I thought they had changed it to a more rock

musical themed show. Something like "Food Rocks!"?

But I never saw it. And I don't know if they did

remove it or not. My last visit there was.....1991.

So... I "miss it" in it's original form.

I can't decide which ride was my favorite. I loved Horizons and still believe the ride did so many things better then Mission: Space. I of course miss Figment and the original Journey. Journey was actually my first ride at EPCOT when I was a kid. I kind of wish they could bring back the Wonders of Life pavilion. I used to like Body Wars and of course Cranium Command was one of my favorites as a kid. (sigh)

At least we have some YouTube videos to watch of Lost EPCOT. Still I pay big bucks to get ride any of those rides again.