TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Aussie To Get New Intamin Design

Intamin AG is to deliver a new Motorcycle Accelerator to Dreamworld in 2007, this will be Intamin 1st Motorcycle design. Two other companies have made Motorcycle Accelearator Vekoma, and Zamperla but with Intamin track record hopefully this layout will be the best of the motorcycle style.

My Thoughts: Personally I think it will be great to see what Intamin can do with a motorcycle version knowing how cool Intamin track lay outs can be we could really be in for a treat in the land Down Under I just dont think it will be a good as Superman Escape but Ive been proven wrong before.

Anyway look out for construction updates here and at ozcoaster later in the year.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay, more Intamin goodness for the Gold Coast.

Personally, i'd rather see a clone of Superman ROS or at least something with a 200ft + drop on it, as we still dont have anything like that here.

Still great news though, i'll be there to ride it as soon as i can.

BTW, hows the new Batman launch tower going for you guys?

I rode batwing on Christmas eve and it is good fun, and runs well not a mind blower but enjoyable.

I checked out the Intamin site and the no concept stuff for the booster bike product.

I wish some in oz would do a ride of steel clone too, or ge force

Any pictures or concept art?

As this news is from a european publication who juding by the article titled (9 new intamin coaster for 2007) would have got the story from Intamin.

www.parkworld-online.com/news/fullstory.php/aid/188/9_new_Intamin_coasters.html

And with Dreamworld track record of not mention new rides till around 2 weeks before opening. meaning Dreamworld probably dont want anyone to know just yet.

At a guess looking at a Dec opening as thats our peak summer time.

Hey, they mentioned a new mega coaster for Tobu Zoo. I thought that park was owned by Togo, for some odd reason. Tobu=?Togo... Looks like B&M isn't having as many orders as Intamin is. Maybe it's time for them to diversify.

Anyways, Intamin motorbike in Australia, to get back on topic.

I believe Togo went out of business a while ago, that mega coaster certainly is intriguing, another Ride of Steel or Ge force or maybe another Millennium Force or something even better?

The force that can be exerted on a booster bike are a little limited, so it will be interesting to see Intamin can push the envelope a bit.

I'm not sure if TOGO went bankrupt or out of business, but Tobu Zoo isn't owned by them in either case. Tobu is a railway company in Japan.

I suspect that this will be a replacement for the defunct Mount Rocky Coaster. If it goes in the same location, there's no telling how large it could be as that ride had a LOT of empty space around it. Also, that coaster was mostly above water, so the new ride could be too.

Hooray! I saw this on Roller-caoster.com.au today. I'm am very happy. Its good they are getting another rollercoaster, seeing all of there others really suck, or have shut indefinately. Hopefully this will turn it around, and kame dreamworld once more a leading park in Australia.

BTW, i thought Superman was quite fast! But knowing that its the fifth slowest in the world, thats quite a shock!