TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Idiocracy - Wow......Mike Judge is done

robbalvey

I don't even know what to say....

Office Space is probably one of my favorite all time movies, and Mike Judge's next live action movies "Idiocracy" just came out....direct to DVD for some reason.....and now I know....

It's one of the WORST movies I have ever seen!

Had so much potential, had real actors, but really was an embarrassment for everyone who worked on that film.

I'm not even sure what do say. It was just bad....really bad.

--Robb

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just really confused by this movie.

It should have been so good, but it was just really annoying and not funny. Of course there were the little things here and there that were quite clever or amusing, but overall it was just bad.

It also seemed like they must have given up pretty early on knowing that it wouldn't make it to the theaters.

Yep, it started off Ok, but it quickly got worse. Our Wedesday night movie group gave it a whirl this past week and we were expecting something a bit better than this. Even if it was half as good as Office Space, I would have been happy....but no!! Oh well, I guess Mike judge can always be in another Spy Kids movie if he needs more money.

I remember seeing a poster for this one in the 'Burg's multiplex last year, only to hear that its release had been cancelled.

Anybody know the status of his animated series King of the Hill? I don't recall nay formal announcement about its being cancelled, but you never know with Fox. If it's dead, that's too bad--still rather like that show.

Thank heaven I'm not the only sane person who thinks this movie sucks. I have been on boards that have been praising this movie and making fun of people who simnply said they didn't like it. The only part that I find even the leat bit amusing was Stephen Root's (Milton from Office Space) camewo as the Judge. Simply put this is one of the worst movies I have ever seen.

Weird today was pretty much the first I had heard of it. Was watching Atack of the Show on G4 and caught a bit from Chris Gore talking about how underrated it was.

But I agree, typically anything that goes straight to DVD does it for a reason.

I never really "got" King of the Hill though. I've seen some funny episodes, but the majority of the episodes I just find boring and painful.

^ I'm kind of worried that people might actually find "enjoyment" out of this movie, but to each their own. You're one of the few people who actually saw it in a theater:

Opening Weekend $177,559 (USA) (3 September 2006) (130 Screens)

That's really sad!

Heh...I wonder if the inside joke of this movie was to actually to prove that society is getting dumber! Those who actually like it only further prove Mike Judge's theory!

Well, I rented it, watch it last night. Gotta say, I don't think it was nearly as bad as some people here are making it sound. It's just a goofy movie that I was expecting to be simlilar to MTV style films....and for me, it delivered something better. Thought it was pretty smart. The film definitely has satirical bite and wit.

Some of the jokes about the future business were just hilarious. Come on, Costco? A place where you can everything from a law degree to a hot latte. Very amusing.

All in all, not a great movie, ala Office Space, but certainly worth a rental.

After this, I went and saw Children of Men. Superb.