• a. SFNERules
    • b. Iwantrevenge
    • c. xacher
    • d. Benzo41190
    • e. Calaway Park
    • f. bleedsnomore134
    • g. Jimbobcoaster

DESINGERS OF ALL SKILL LEVELS WELCOME!

MUST BE TURNED IN BY OCTOBER 10th 2006 NO EXCEPTIONS! I will not have the fiasco that was my "First Annual Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 Terrain Coaster Competition."

REQUIREMENTS

MUST pass tunnel test

MUST have brakes set to activate when the FIRST car gets to the section (it is just annoying and unrealistic when the brakes open and the close when the train is in the middle of them. [/rant])

MUST pass E-stop test

MUST not go over 100 ft NOTE: If you raise the entire terrain to make the last drop a long and steep one I will not count it as going over the limit, although if the "Ravine Drop" is over 100 ft I will.

MAY NOT use Elementary (EXEPTION: HELIXES ONLY CAN BE MADE WITH ELEMENTARY), AHG, Purg, or any stuff like that may not be used, the only helper shall be Magic Wood 1.3.

Total Points possible: 30

1.) Airtime: 5 pts (note this is based on a no seat belt buzz-bar only restraint so provided i don't stand up will i fly out?)

2.) Safe G's: 5 pts (I don't think that classic woodies pull 4+ G's )

3.) Tunnels: 3 points (nice effect but not extremely needed do what you want)

4.) Terraforming: 12 pts (Does it use terrain well provided it has any?)

5.) Pacing! 15 points (does the ride maintain speed well? Or at least create that illusion.)

6.) USE OF TREES! + 5pts this is extremely encouraged! Close proximity of objects is a godsend for pacing!

7.) NO BANKING OVER 50* automatic -10 POINTS and -1 more point for every other turn that goes over this limit....

Happy designing.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? TELL ME!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Calaway-Vey Good! I onlyt changed 4 minor things! I added wide supports to the structure, Fixed a problem with the brake run as it activated when the train was in the middle. And i canged the rule to no banking over 50* and changed the las 180* turn so it had 50* banking. And i changed the car type to 4 PTC six seaters.

Banzo41190- Hmmm not bad. It seems like a "Ravine Flyer" type coaser 2 problems though, one turn had 70* banking i had to change that. And the Brake was set to activate improperly.

JUST A REMINDER

BRAKES, Check off the front car option and move the slider all the way to the left towards "segment begin"

Drive tires- PLease try not to use them just put the track on a slope.

Calaway-Vey Good! I onlyt changed 4 minor things! I added wide supports to the structure, Fixed a problem with the brake run as it activated when the train was in the middle. And i canged the rule to no banking over 50* and changed the las 180* turn so it had 50* banking. And i changed the car type to 4 PTC six seaters.

Banzo41190- Hmmm not bad. It seems like a "Ravine Flyer" type coaser 2 problems though, one turn had 70* banking i had to change that. And the Brake was set to activate improperly.

JUST A REMINDER

BRAKES, Check off the front car option and move the slider all the way to the left towards "segment begin"

Drive tires- PLease try not to use them just put the track on a slope.

Really? Hurray! It was good

Sorry Double but i have my Entry. The Crystal Creek Flyer, a beautiful woodie.

I'm not a judge but I'd like to say

A) It didn't scream "classic" to me...

B) It's a hell of a lot more fun if you set the lift speed to 200 :D:D

Your did'nt scream Classic either, or Airtime unless +0.6g's now counts as airtime.

Hmm I have a pretty basic PTC out and back layout like Lake Winnie's Cannonball. I made it on a laptop when my computer was down for a while, so it's not too fancy, but it has the PTC feel. It's pretty smooth, just needs some custom supporting and I think it'll be good. Maybe I'll try to finish it and get it in.

Elm Lake Flyer

Ok so yeah, I did this track on my mom's laptop when my graphics card died. My mom's laptop has an onboard GPU, so can't handle much at all. So, I had actually completely forgoten about this track until I noticed this thread. So last night/today I did some custom supports on it (not my best, but better than basic wood magic), made a little station and did some parkpack items. I would have gone more detailed on the parkpack but I really wanted it to be out of the way. This is about a day and a half's work. No where near my best, but decent IMO.

Some notes:

* Passes tunnel test using steel looper tunnel.

* Brakes are modeled after skid brakes, hence why they act funny and prebrake often. I noticed you had a rule about brakes, which I didn't really understand, but regardless I don't think you can't get more classic than skids.

* Supports aren't my best, but better than base auto supports.

* White boards in the middle of the track are supposed to be anti rollbacks, so just kind of imagine the sound they make when the train hit's those spots .

*cartexture by Persianlombax/Myraid

More screens: http://www.nolimitsdevcenter.net/p2617

Elm Lake FlyerTPR.nlpack

Elm Lake Flyer

:-o

I never expected you to go all out! Very good! I don't actually know what to say about the brake rule, considering what you did. BUT WOW.

People who havent entered yet check out his (^) track for inspiation.

I hope he doesn't win because of 3DS. Many of us don't have it and as far as I knew, this contest was based on the track itself...

I never expected you to go all out! Very good! I don't actually know what to say about the brake rule, considering what you did. BUT WOW.

I hope he doesn't win because of 3DS. Many of us don't have it and as far as I knew, this contest was based on the track itself...

The 3ds had nothing to do with the track, all the brakes & stuff were done using supports.

This is actually no where near my best. IMO it had quite a few flaws, and needed some work. My upcoming projects will be much more detailed and will have better trackwork.

My Unnamed Gravity Group ride, which will be done in about 2 weeks, has heavily modded base supports and all custom lateral supports. For refrence, Elm Lake's base auto supports were modded to have diamonds, and thats it. The Gravity Group ride has all proper footer placement, crossover supports, and crossbraces. Unfortunately, the trackwork for this ride was completed a long time ago, and I have learned some smoothing and shaping techniques, so this might not be up to par trackwork.

Boulder Dash features very smooth trackwork with a high "placed" node concentration, will have mostly or all custom supports, and LOTS of 3Ds, making up the entire back half of Lake Compounce. This ride is a very long term project, and only about half of the ride is laid out at this point.

J2 at Clementon will be a pretty accurate recreation. I haven't done much with it yet, but in the end it will probably have a 3Ds or support station, accurate supports, etc.

The 3Ds I used were all free and public. The ride works with out them, they just add enviorment. They were not added to get more positive response, only for looks. The only "extra" that was used was the car texture. Everthing like the brakes, station, and shed were made of supports which are in game and "everyone" is capible of.

I was just so amazed that he had the patience to do the brake cover, skid brakes, custom supports, and random anti roll backs all with custom supports.

Sorry man but that will not bring up your score...but it does bring up your reputation.

And anyone who wants to make a few alterations to thier coasters BE MY GUEST!