TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official NoLimits/NL2 Help Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I attempted to re-downloaded NL on to my new pc, and I just paid for it. The only problem is I can't remember how to download the full release! I click onto the page and it re-directs me to the purchasing page every time. Can someone help please?

Thanks

All you need is the registration information to unlock it. check your email or "receipt" and it should be listed.

OR...duh!! Does that mean you can't download the program at all? I took it you downloaded it but it only showed the trial version. My bad. I'll shut up. lol

Edited by A.J.

Well, I'm trying to upload a coaster into TPR Exchange, but it will not show up on my computer but shows up when I open it with NL editor. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

I have a 64 bit version on windows 7, and when i load it in editor it has a lock icon merged with the NL track Icon.

So I attempted to re-downloaded NL on to my new pc, and I just paid for it. The only problem is I can't remember how to download the full release! I click onto the page and it re-directs me to the purchasing page every time. Can someone help please?

Thanks

Just email NL with the email that you used to purchase, worked for me when I went from vista to 7.

Well, I'm trying to upload a coaster into TPR Exchange, but it will not show up on my computer but shows up when I open it with NL editor. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

I have a 64 bit version on windows 7, and when i load it in editor it has a lock icon merged with the NL track Icon.

It's a permissions issue. You need to make sure you as a user have full control (go into the folder's security settings) over the NoLimits Coasters v1.6 folder, or else folders you make in it will not be able to be opened or searched for outside of the program. Once you've given yourself full control over the folder, you should be able to make a new, accessible folder.

Or, if you aren't a computer geek like me, just make a new folder somewhere else.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^^My answers to your questions:

1) You don't need it unless you wanted to easily make a very smooth roller coaster, but I highly recommend trying to master making a good ride by hand first.

2)I don't think there is a MAC version.

1) You don't need it unless you wanted to easily make a very smooth roller coaster, but I highly recommend trying to master making a good ride by hand first.

Can you make inversions without Newton2?

Can you make inversions without Newton2?

Yes you can. Everything done in Newton2 can be done by itself in the NoLimits editor.

NoLimits was able to exist in top form before Newton came along. Precision is relative. Newton does not define NoLimits, no matter how much better it may seem to be - it is merely a third-party program, a companion; but a rather good one.

As for using Newton2 on a Mac - you need to use Boot Camp or Parallels/Virtualbox/etc. to run a Windows partition.

^Newton does have more precision though. It's why it IS generally smoother. Great handbuilders work around this, but the fact of the matter is that they can't control the shape and bank every 1m of track like Newton. Their tracks have the illusion of precision that really isn't there, which requires great skill (and a lot of segment splitting). That's why Newton uses thousands of vertices, and why handbuilders try to break segments into smaller pieces. Without those 1m apart vertices, Newton would still export a good track, but it would not be nearly as precise...it would just look like it was. Also, handbuilders cannot bank at decimals (only whole numbers) like Newton, which can bank at decimals out in the millionth term (aka 4 numbers behind the decimal).

So (TL;DR), Newton really is more precise, but that doesn't mean you can't create the illusion well through handbuilding.

• 2 weeks later...

So...I picked up NL just now. I was just fooling around with it and its a bit more complicated than I thought it would be. That being said, I successfully discovered how to add the station, brake runs, and put together a simple Intamin mega-lite lift, drop and turnaround just so I could see how I did. The layout is literally: lift, drop, turn, brake run, station. What can I say? I was playing for the first time and I was just experimenting with the controls. I just wanted to see how it would come out in the simulator...

And when I rode it, it was great. Insanely realistic graphics, awesome details. Yet, I had one problem. No track banking. On the high-speed turnarounds, you need banking in order to not kill your riders with G's and forces. I thought the game might do it for me but it didnt. I went through the pre-set Millennium Force to try to figure it out and still couldnt find where to edit the banking on a curve. How do you do it...?

Now I know this is bad and I know you NL-pro's are gonna be laughing your asses off at me , but I'm probably gonna be coming here quite often for your advice. So help a NL n00b out here please?