TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

My Coaster Count

I finally sat down with rcdb.com and tried to jog my memory towards every coaster I have been on- my final number seems low- 119. How do I count traveling carnivals? I've been on coasters at fairs and carnivals but I have no idea which ones in what years- shoud I guess?

Also in 1988 I was at Australia's Wonderland- I swear I rode a steel coaster back then but there are none listed on rcdb.com that would have been there then- anyone "down under" know?

PS: I think its funny with some parks I have been on more coasters than they now have- PKI for example, I have not been on SoB but I was on King Combra and one other coaster that is no longer there- okay so its not that funny!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I find coasterfanatics.com to be extremely helpful. Just register and you can add rides to your "ridelist" and rate them too. It makes the coaster-counting process very easy...

In fact, if you click my sig, you'll not only see my coaster count, but you'll be directed to the site itself.

I feel somwhate self-conscious about my ride count as well, but no worries. I would suggest signing up on coastercounter.com but if you want to share your list with friends, go to coasterfanatics.com and get an account there as well.

I like how simple and good looking the site is for coasterfanatics, but on coastercounter.com, you can keep track of the number of times you have been on each ride, and it will tell you things like the number of miles you have traleved on coasters, and how many times you have been upside down.

Thanks for the tips y'all! But I am still having a hard time locating a few coasters- coasterfanatics is missing Fantasy Island's old little dipper and I can still can't find any proof that there was a steel coaster at Australia's Wonderland- I remember making a joke- "It we are upside down already (southern hemisphere) will we be right side up when we go through the loop?"

I dont see the point in credit whoring to increase your coaster count, I ride coasters to have fun not to have more credits than someone else.

Mat "I only ride the cool rides" Hutchings.

Actually, "Credit Whoring" has led me to some interesting places and some rather fun (not intense, but fun) rides that I otherwise wouldn't have ridden. That's the reason I still do it.

-Bryan "it's all in perspective" Wood

Also in 1988 I was at Australia's Wonderland- I swear I rode a steel coaster back then but there are none listed on rcdb.com that would have been there then- anyone "down under" know?

I think it's possible a coaster could have existed but there is no record of it anywhere.

I ran into the same issue with a coaster at Playland in Ocean City, NJ. In the late 80's/early 90's, I remember riding a Zamperla Dragon (yeah I know it's powered but I still count it), I can even remember exactly where it was in the park but I have yet to see any online mention of the existence of the ride . I count it because I am very sure it existed even if it was only there for a summer (just a guess).

I would count the coaster from Wonderland if you are very certain you rode it even if it's not on RCDB.

^

http://www.coasterfanatics.com/sec_coasters/coaster_parkdetail.asp?id=180

You're welcome.

As for your steel coaster, are you thinking about the Boomerang that got relocated to Visionland. If so ...

http://www.coasterfanatics.com/sec_coasters/coaster_detail.asp?id=2098

You're welcome.

Hmmm...for some reason I didn't see the Little Dipper on Fantasy Island when I rated Wildcat (RIP) and Silver Comet...as for the other coaster- according to rcdb.com the Demon was added in 1992 and I was there in 1988- so I don't think that was it- I just remember being struck by how much the whole park looked like Canada's Wonderland- being from Buffalo I was there often as a kid and remember being there when their rapids ride was brand new and the "running of the bulls" at park open all went there!

Thanks for the tips y'all! But I am still having a hard time locating a few coasters- coasterfanatics is missing Fantasy Island's old little dipper and I can still can't find any proof that there was a steel coaster at Australia's Wonderland- I remember making a joke- "It we are upside down already (southern hemisphere) will we be right side up when we go through the loop?"

I find that offensive!

^ Aww don't worry man! I only have 10 since the only coasters I actually count are stand-ups...

I laughed very hard at this...