TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The most rare coaster credits

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll add Vertigo to that list. It's funny how there really aren't that many coasters out there that really fall into what I personally would consider a "rare" category:

Coasters that ran for 2 seasons or less

1. Thunder Eagle

2. Hard Rock Park Coasters (although still standing, obviously)

3. Galaxie Express

4. Skytrak

5. Vertigo

Coasters that ran for 3 seasons or less

1. The Bat

2. Spellbreaker

3. Windjammer

[also the Step-2 coaster is made of plastic. I only count wood or steel, and I don't know anyone who counts any other construction material]

Ahh, so what you're saying is that if I built a coaster that looked EXACTLY like the Step 2 model, but made it out of wood in my backyard, you would count it as a coaster? I can totally do that, you know!

Bronco Buster and Crazy Mouse at Wild West World didn't last a full season!

There goes your reading comprehension problem again!

Discussed on the previous page:

Other possibilities include Skytrak at Granada Studios and Bronco Buster at Wild West World in Kansas.

Ahh! Sky Trak for sure. Forgot about that one. The Wild West Wacky Worm? I thought I remembered that one getting bought up by a carnival operator. I'm sure that's out traveling around somewhere, and I'm guessing someone probably rode it today. If you want to count it, that's fine, but I won't be added it to my list

Ahh, so what you're saying is that if I built a coaster that looked EXACTLY like the Step 2 model, but made it out of wood in my backyard, you would count it as a coaster? I can totally do that, you know!

Sure! Reminds me of the Milagro Mine Ride. You could have a TPR trip that stopped in your back yard!

Bronco Buster and Crazy Mouse at Wild West World didn't last a full season!

There goes your reading comprehension problem again!

Discussed on the previous page:

Other possibilities include Skytrak at Granada Studios and Bronco Buster at Wild West World in Kansas.

Ahh! Sky Trak for sure. Forgot about that one. The Wild West Wacky Worm? I thought I remembered that one getting bought up by a carnival operator. I'm sure that's out traveling around somewhere, and I'm guessing someone probably rode it today. If you want to count it, that's fine, but I won't be added it to my list

LOL! I am going to quit while I am behind!

Big Bend at SFOT only had 6 or 7 years....not a super short time like other, but I don't know many people around that have the credit.

LOL! I do!

--Robb "Although I would not consider it rare. Elusive, probably, but not rare..." Alvey

While not a Coaster, the S&S drag racers at Old Town are a pretty rare "credit" Was not open for long at all, was quite expensive, and I really don't know many people who rode it.

During Iaapa one year I used "connections" to ride everything at Old Town over and over again for free. We figured it out and it would have cost each of us over 300 bucks to ride as many times as we did.

I would call the Schwarzkopf Thriller, Texas Tornado, Zonga an elusive credit as well wonder how it is doing in Mexico. I would say the Gulf Coaster at either Great America would probably be classified as a rare credit however given the very short lifespan

Scott "Flashback was rater elusive as well" Brown

Edited by ScottBrown

No worries. Yea that thing was interesting to say the least. It's no wonder Intamin only sold 1 of those. I will say, I've been on worse coasters however FB was still pretty horrid. This would also explain why when it was open it never had a line.

I always thought that if I won the lottery, I could buy a few hundred of those toy coasters, figure out a way to make some curve pieces, and make one big-ass coaster!

If you count coaster/train combos, don't forget the dreaded PTCs (I think that was who made them) on the Texas Tornado. Only ran for a few hours.

I know Bat was very rare, even when it was open. I damn near cried right it front of it, when I was denied a ride. The Hard Rock rides weren't open long, but ran reliably. I wouldn't be surprised if fewer folks rode the Bat the Led Zepplin.

Rastus