TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Wheels Falling Off

I keep hearing about these things that wheels on coasters fall off, ex. Steel Dragon. That would be a bad thing! Then I see coasters that come OFF THE TRACK! That would be an uneasy feeling! I wondering if it's possible for cars to derail. I know there are upstops on the wheels but if it really LIFTS off the track...

wheels_arent_touching!.jpg.941f11ecd83843cebc17ddf613c86437.jpg

THAT IS FREEKING SCARY!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't understand you.

Coasters don't derail that often, and if they do they dont really come off the track they just kinda slide on it.

For car in the picture to derail two of the wheel assemblys on the same side would have to come appart, and thats pretty unrealistic.

The trains are ment to use the "Upstop" wheels on going over humps, as these keep the train or cars on the track.

The trains will never come off the track unless the "Upstop" wheels break or something snaps, you would know what happens next if your going over a hill or coming out of a loop if they did break.

That's because there is so much ejector air on that hill, the train wants to keep going up while the track is pulling it down. On a lot of wheel assemblies, there is a little bit of space between the upstop wheels and the track.