TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Construction

Did someone say Camden Mack Hyper?

Ahh man good times..

Borg Island construction started probably in tiny bits and pieces in May or June, with full scale construction going on in July and August.. this gallery documents the majority of Borg construction from around April to October.. and also Carowinds Connectionhad a nice long construction diary on it.. when it was up.. *cough*..

Anyway, here's something no one thought of yet (I think).. What if all the 'construction' is for a path that goes under Thunder Road, for an attraction in the Parking lot behind it.. has anyone inspected the parking lot for clues?

-J (Not expecting anything at this point.. but I'm juss sayin..)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyway, here's something no one thought of yet (I think).. What if all the 'construction' is for a path that goes under Thunder Road, for an attraction in the Parking lot behind it.. has anyone inspected the parking lot for clues?

-J (Not expecting anything at this point.. but I'm juss sayin..)

Too far to walk.

Kinzel stated in one of the calls re: the Paramount acquisition that the Paramount 2007 cap ex was already in place and they would not be changing what they (Paramount) had already planned.

Additionally, and more importantly, he made it very clear that none of the projects for any paramount park in 2007 was at all comparable to the size of the Ghostrider project that was going on at Knott's when they purchased it in 1997.

So basically - I wouldn't bet on any large project at any ex-Paramount park in '07, let alone a Hyper at Carowinds.

Mike

Carowinds could use a new coaster. Besides Top Gun, Borg, and Thunder Road, there's nothing to do in that park. Sure a hyper wouldn't give a lot more, but maybe it could help boost attendance and generate revenue for more rides to come. You gotta start somewhere.

Vortex = teh Poo

Cyclone = boring

Hurler = headache

I live 60 miles away from Carowinds, and i'll drive 1hr and 45 minutes to go to Six Flags instead so I can at least ride a variety of good coasters.

Carowinds could use a new coaster. Besides Top Gun, Borg, and Thunder Road, there's nothing to do in that park.

So what are the flyers, the water park, and the other 7 roller coasters and other rides in the park for...

Sure a hyper wouldn't give a lot more, but maybe it could help boost attendance and generate revenue for more rides to come. You gotta start somewhere.

The attendance at the park has been on a steady rise and it does alot better than some parks WITH hyper coasters! It takes more than a hyper coaster to get the people in the park and carowinds has proven this time and time again.

I'll be more clear.

There's nothing in Carwinds that excites me from an enthusiast point of view, since apparently we're not on the same page.

Carowinds is a park with a few (3) decent coasters, nothing more. The flat's aren't that great, but it's a great family park and is marketed as such. This is very noticable from the radio commercials, which use a family marketing approach.

I can see the crowd they're after, and I doubt Cedar Fair will change that, as Carowinds is profitable just the way they are. However, I think that a larger coaster collection would give the park an even better regional presence.

^ Sorry your expectations are too high. Move to Sandusky where you will be appeased, or if that doesn't work. SoCal's nice this time of year...

-James Dillaman

(Sorry if I seem bitter, but the greatest ride at MY home park went to YOUR homepark, and then you badmouth the park. My flyers (Worked the ride for 2 years, also been riding them since I was 3 years old) should snap the crap out of you for disrespecting them!)

^ Sorry your expectations are too high. Move to Sandusky where you will be appeased, or if that doesn't work. SoCal's nice this time of year...

-James Dillaman

What's wrong with high expectations? And there's a big difference between someone thinking that I have high expectations and me recognizing mediocrity. Understood?

LMAO, you're mad because they relocated those flyers? I'm not sure I can understand the attachment, but you can have them back.

Theres nothing wrong with having high expectations, its that the park you are having high expectations for, will likely never get large project that would meet your expectations. Hopefully the opening of HRP in 2 years will create some friendly competition.

-J (Fully content with Top Gun and the Flyers..)

HRP doesn't have me convinced yet, but i'm sure if they provide some great thrills, Carowinds can expect their attendance to take a hit where it hurts.

I'm just a bit tired of the same old shit from Carowinds. Same thing, different day. They are indeed the Toyota Camry of theme parks. Do everything right to satisfy the everyday person, but lacks to please an enthusiast.

But, they're not catering to that crowd, and from a business perspective, I can understand that. They're in the business to make money, not build coasters for people who like to ride them.