TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Construction

So, RollerNut and I took a trip out yesterday and as of reading an ACE and C3 teaser we went exploring.

Seemingly the C3 register paper for Sept 16th says a Hyper may soar over the state line..

Now a team leader friend of mine says Maintenence keeps talking of a hyper.Now with my being curious I had to go exploring.

We discovered many markers around the Thunder Road area and in the White Water Falls zone.

This was not all visitible from the station of T-Road so we went all around Boomerange Bay.

Alot of markers showed up over night , I go to Carowinds like 2 times or 3 times a week so I am on top of alot.

There will be more pics as my friend uploads them. All in all we counted 28 markers in 1 solid area. That stretches from T-road station to the end turn around and in twards the White Water Falls and Bumper Cars area.

Also Thunder Road has been given brand new cross bracings on the lift hill. Near the start.

Here in clear detail you can see the new cross bracings , they are totally a different color.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It absolutely blows my mind that people have taken that line in the C3 flyer seriously. I don't think Max saw that coming when he wrote the flyer. The 'hyper under the bridge' thing has been a long running joke that dates back to the first regional ACE event at the park in 2002. Even the PR staff at the park will throw it out there every now and then. If you are preparing for a hyper to be installed next year, then you are just setting yourself up for massive disappointment.

The thing that I find interesting is that if this is a coaster, are they going to cut through the structure of TR (a la Phantom's revenge)??

If so, then get ready for a Parking lot coaster I guess. TR is one of course. lol

It doesn't look like the footprint they would use for flight of fear, so it sounds like it will be something else (if it is a coaster).

I doubt it will be a hyper, but who knows.

To me those look more like gas markers or something, I've only seen one supposed footer marking pic somewhere on the net. I'd think there would be more if a coaster was coming.

I'm just gonna sit back and look at this with a possitive out look.

Stakes can mean anything yes, but not when they are layed out in a long drawn out layout form. We can say this , it will not be a flat ride or FOF from PKD.

My bets go twards them removing the White Water Falls ride due to-

1. Poor ridership.

2.The que line is a MESS, it gets like puddled up and muddy.

3.the maintenence costs per year are proberably huge.

4.Have you ever eveen tried to fit through the que line LOL!. Its a death trap!.

Just a last thought, Carowinds PR were spotted buzzing around at SFOG during its media event. Could this mean they were scoutting competition to see how they could beat it?

I mean factor in the new CF management, Thier drive for new rides. Then account for the fact that ALL parks in the area around them that are major have gotten new "COASTERS" why would Carowinds slouch down in this and let Dollywood and SFOG take thier crowd away without a fight?

You don't think CF buying all the paramount parks that they'd not want to start things off right away to better the image of the park right off the bat do you? Hypothetically do you think IF CF had purchased the parks sooner that carowinds would have been given a HAND ME DOWN coaster from PGA..do you..

Ok that makes more sense, I didn't see anything about the WWF area.

Hopefully we'll get an announcement soon if it is indeed a new coaster.

To me it sounds like a straight shot out and back, so I'd think more of a rocket coaster.

Well due construction as I hear for Carowinds on new items starts around some time in August, so I would expect full construction in early August and an announcement between then and Sept.

Think about when Top Gun was built it broke ground and started vertical construction before the last few weeks during the operating season of 1998, before opeing in the 1999 season.

Also in Borg's case didn't they start deconstruction of the Stern wheeler and all that around july/august?

There is a very long process behind installing a new coaster, especially one as large as a hyper. Cedar Fair just purchased the park what a month ago? Somehow I doubt Dick Kinzel called Intamin up on the phone and said "Hay guyz I'd like a new hyper here go ahead and start putting that thing up next month thx".

If you end up being right then I will very happily eat all the crow in the world, but I'd say the chances are about the same as John Miller returning from the dead to build an 8,000 foot long mountain coaster for Ghost Town in the Sky.

OK! Jesus people. I am not dumb here I know it takes months for a park to build and contract rides etc. This could be the preliminary and or early stage staking for something like PERMIT application and ZONING.

I am only trying to point out what I saw. Not get joked at or mocked for something I reported..

I'm not mocking you, I am trying to prevent this from snowballing into a bunch of people preparing themselves for a hyper coaster for next year, then getting massively disappointed and becoming furious at the park. There are a lot of people who want a new coaster so badly that they're willing to believe anything.

Oy Veh gotcha.

*elevator music starts*

*waits for friend to upload rest of photo's*

Its seems a long shot in the dark for people but theres always a ray of hope.

RollerNut- The pics should be on the main camera memory like the last in the set we took. The only pics on the memo card we have are of the last ones by the T-Road area. Just double check if you can.

JamminJ once posted some photos of a disassembled crane near his house on a message board and had people believing that it was track pieces for a Mack hyper for Camden Park.

No joke.

Exactly...and that pic on screamscape can be from anywhere...I was at the park yesterday and I saw no spraypaint anywhere on the grounds!

But I still keep getting those emails...

Jarvis man, go to Thunder Road the Icee place next to it by the bumper cars, go back to the right side of the icee shack. Its right on the grounds there. You can even see it in a pic I posted last in the "Pic of me" topic.

Clearly you can see the Bumper cars from Carowinds behind me.

On screamscape that was my picture odviously.

BTW- Wes on Carowinds Connection, You post "Something like this might be seen at Carowinds in 2007" with a pic of Goliath at SFOG, Would you happen to be refering to an acer, or somethin ? at all or? Because from talkin around the park I think I know exactly who it is.

C-winds.JPG.cbfe974bf93558c92fc5ec423925400f.JPG

I have seen that same flyer regarding that same print and it was on there before about 2 or 3 yrs ago (if I stand corrected). All we know at this point is there is a ride rumored to go into the park and nothing has been confirmed as of yet.

I don't think CF would cancel the project already (assuming it was a hyper), but as things have gone around the industry lately, just take it in stride until more proof comes along. We'll just have to sit and watch things develop and hope it could be a good-quality coaster.

For the love of god are you reading anyone's posts? You will not find out September 16th! The part on the flyer about a hyper is A JOKE. Max Cannon wrote the flyer; he is MontuMax on Carowinds Connection. If you don't believe me, you can message him yourself and ask him. If a hyper were to be announced for next year, it would be a coincidence, and sad to say it probably would not go under the bridge.