What Was the Last Beer You Drank?

A Photo TR of Your Last Beer or Wine
Users viewing this topic: ytterbiumanalyst and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: What Was the Last Beer You Drank?

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon May 22, 2017 6:10 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote: Here in the U.S., Republican and pale are synonymous.

:nina: :nina: :nina:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Thu May 25, 2017 1:51 pm

^^Well that was certainly not what I had in mind lol... :lol:

Right now I'm enjoying what has definitely become one of my go-to beers, Founders All Day IPA. I really like this beer and it's one that I keep buying.
20170525_224429.jpg

Postby Philrad71 » Sat May 27, 2017 3:23 pm

^ Founders is awesome. If you ever decide go to Michigan and check out Michigan's Adventure, I highly recommend a side tour to Grand Rapids to their brewpub. Great food and great beer!

Oh, and I am having an Elysian Space Dust IPA after buying a 6 pack at Wegmans the other day. A friend of mine lives near the brewery in Seattle, although he said since Inbev bought it, the quality of the beer has deteriorated from what it used to be.

It's an okay IPA, but no where near as good as my Southern Tier! ;)
Capture.JPG

Postby viking86 » Sat May 27, 2017 3:55 pm

Philrad71 wrote:^ Founders is awesome. If you ever decide go to Michigan and check out Michigan's Adventure, I highly recommend a side tour to Grand Rapids to their brewpub. Great food and great beer!

Yup, very pleased that this one is available in the shelves here in Norway. As for the brewpub thing it sounds awesome, but if I make it across the Atlantic again I think Michigan is rather far down on my list of places to visit... :p

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon May 29, 2017 3:40 pm

viking86 wrote:^^Well that was certainly not what I had in mind lol... :lol:

Right now I'm enjoying what has definitely become one of my go-to beers, Founders All Day IPA. I really like this beer and it's one that I keep buying.

Sweet! That's one I buy pretty often too. Helps that they're pretty new in the Ozarks and pretty aggressively marketing it here. You can almost always find it on sale around $7.50 per 6, $15 per 12, or $18 per 15 (cans only). Great IPA at a great price, so i keep coming back.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Beast
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Postby viking86 » Tue May 30, 2017 3:18 am

^It's about $5 per bottle for it here... but everything that includes alcohol is really expensive here in Norway!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Tue May 30, 2017 4:06 pm

I went by Karbach brewery yesterday in Houston. They been in the local news lately because they sold to InBev but they promise they would stay the same.
IMG_1730.JPG
Karbach Here comes the Sun, a very strong beer that was delicious

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue May 30, 2017 9:06 pm

viking86 wrote:^It's about $5 per bottle for it here... but everything that includes alcohol is really expensive here in Norway!

Holy crap. Bar or package store?

And I'm currently trying out the Sweetwater IPA. Very good, on the dry side, which I like in an IPA. We don't have this in the Ozarks, but I'm currently in Chattanooga, not too far from Atlanta, where this is brewed. One of the great things about traveling is trying the local firewater. =)
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Beast
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Postby viking86 » Wed May 31, 2017 5:31 am

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:
viking86 wrote:^It's about $5 per bottle for it here... but everything that includes alcohol is really expensive here in Norway!

Holy crap. Bar or package store?

Thats from the supermarket shelf. In a bar it would be more expensive. A beer in a bar in Norway normally ranges from $7-12, depending on what type of beer. I haven't seen Founders in any of the bars here, but I would guess around $8-$9 for a bottle if that were the case.

Of course you're standard draft lager/pilsner is not quite as expensive in the stores. For example a 0,5 liter can of beer from Hansa (one of the largest breweries in Norway) is currently at $3,8 in the shelf. But compared to other countries I guess it's still pretty damn expensive. ;)

Postby viking86 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:21 pm

So last year my local craft beer brewery "7 Fjell" gave us The Donald - Ignorant IPA. Today their brewmaster posted this picture on facebook! :lol:
18835828_223677138139125_623875464034404038_n.jpg

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random