TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain Tastu Media Day Camp Out

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to RCP’s website you can’t even bring a cell phone on the ride. Just thought I would pass this along as I don’t think it was said any ware on the website.

I spoke with the PR manager this morning and this is what I was told:

In regards to cameras:

- No Cameras on ANY KIND will be allowed on the ride, this includes cell phone cameras.

- Even if they are secured in a belt pack, cargo shorts pocket, or zipper pocket they will not be allowed on the ride.

You WILL be allowed to:

- Film off ride as much as you want.

- Film in the station provided you find a place to store your camera (ie. a locker or have a non-rider hold it) while you ride.

I'm not sure if when they say "no cell phones" they mean "no cell phones" or "no cell phone cameras." The PR manager was VERY specific about "no cell phone cameras" because they do not want any onride photos or POV video of the ride released that is not the official "approved" park's B-Roll.

They will go after web sites that post any "illegal footage."

It would seem to be that having a "no cell phone" rule would be fairly silly as that would require pretty much every single person in line to have to leave and get a locker. And in that case, what about my keys and wallet, which are actually bigger than my cell phone?

--Robb "Thankfully I don't have a cell phone camera!" Alvey

My cell phone happens to have a camera, but I have no intention of ever using it, plus I have zipper pockets. Is Magic Mountain going to go through my pockets, discover a cell phone with a camera (the lens even has a cover over it for crying out loud), and send me to whereever the lockers are? I've brought my cell phone on countless rides, stowed it in the pocket and NEVER had any problems. Seems to me if they're going to be this anal about things, they had better have adequate and secure places to store things that are provided & do NOT cost money.

Let me see if I have this camera issue straight - I can do whatever I want off-ride with my camera as long as I don't bring it on the ride right? If so then the camera gets grouped into the cell phone. If I have it in the zipper pocket before I even get close to getting on the ride. The ride ops are going to have to go through my pockets to even know I have it. I really can't believe they'd inspect everyone's pockets before getting on the ride. Imagine the delays that would cause.

-- Peoplemover "Welcome to Tatsu - security provided by San Quentin Dentention Center!" Matt

I too am very intersted in the cell phone rules, since mine does NOT have a camera, and I would like to keep it with me to stay in contact with my work just in case. So Robb, if you could ask them about cell phones without cameras, I would greatly appreciate it.

HEY is anyone going to SFMM wednesday morning and then going to the media day campout that night if so i am trying to put a group together to hit the park ill be there at 9:30 am if you want to join my group email me at metmatt@pacbell.net please leave your full name in your emails so i can make a list if any of you have a walkie talkie radio that has a 2 mile range bring it and have it set on channel 11 thanks guys and see you then

My cell phone happens to have a camera, but I have no intention of ever using it, plus I have zipper pockets. Is Magic Mountain going to go through my pockets, discover a cell phone with a camera (the lens even has a cover over it for crying out loud), and send me to whereever the lockers are? I've brought my cell phone on countless rides, stowed it in the pocket and NEVER had any problems. Seems to me if they're going to be this anal about things, they had better have adequate and secure places to store things that are provided & do NOT cost money.

Let me see if I have this camera issue straight - I can do whatever I want off-ride with my camera as long as I don't bring it on the ride right? If so then the camera gets grouped into the cell phone. If I have it in the zipper pocket before I even get close to getting on the ride. The ride ops are going to have to go through my pockets to even know I have it. I really can't believe they'd inspect everyone's pockets before getting on the ride. Imagine the delays that would cause.

-- Peoplemover "Welcome to Tatsu - security provided by San Quentin Dentention Center!" Matt

You have to understand this is not just about people having cell phones on the ride, this is more about the park wanting to have some control over what images are released and when.

I'm not sure if the "no cell phone" rule is just for the media event or for the life of the ride, but remember this is THEIR multi-million dollar attraction that they have INVITED us, for free, to the media event and if they tell us no camera phone on the ride, then no camera phone on the ride.

--Robb "Just assume no loose items on the ride - period." Alvey

In terms of the cell phone dispute, I am going to go with the spirit of the rule. As Robb mentioned, the main things are safety and control of footage. My phone has a camera, but it's a still camera, not a video camera. I am not idiotic enough to take a cell out of my pocket and hold onto it just for the sake of holding onto it, let alone film.

So unless they say no cell phones period, my cell phone will be stowed away in my secured pocket, along with my keys and my wallet. I highly doubt they'll pat me down to find a cell phone, and even if they do, it doesn't take video, and it's beyond even Six Flags to make a fuss about such a technicality.

In other words, I'm exercising common sense and assuming all of this is a balance of safety, media control, and guest satisfaction.

So... who's gonna be official TPR Camcorder rack?

Yeah, I know. The form has been filled. But one problem still remains: If I can't bring a friend along with the guardian, then I can't go! I doubt my guest's mom would go with me but not with him, and no, my mom cannot take off work.

Even if your friend's mom went with you but not him, it still might be problematic. Sorta.

I decided to download that form to see what it says in the middle of this. I had thought that Legal Guardian meant permanent one, which in case your friend's mom wouldn't count because she's not your legal guardian--your parents are.

However, I also noticed a place for a notary to affirm the authenticity of the preceding statements. This seems to imply that you need to have the form notarized for it to be legally binding (the notary will authenticate your parents' decision to temporarily allow another adult to be your legal guardian for that day). If that's the case... get it notarized.

This can be done at a bank, I believe, rather than only a law office. Although I should probably ask Robb (on behalf of those under 18 who are going): Robb, do those legal guardian forms need to be notarized? If so, they'd better do it fast. If you're skipping that part, then nevermind.

The only reason that stuck out to me is because I just had to get a Lease Guarantee form notarized this weekend, so issues of legal matters are pretty sensitive to me right now.

Yeah, I was wondering about the notary part. My parents don't know much about it. But even if I do get it notarized, or if I don't have to, I still have a problem if I can't take both of them.

Any advice?

Dude. Seriously. I don't want to sound like a jerk or anything, but if you can't get the form filled out, and you don't have anyone to take you, then you probably shouldn't go.

Please stop posting asking over and over again about it. The form is quite clear, and it NEEDS to be filled out completely. Other people have had no issues doing this.

This is for the parks and the site's security. If something were to happen to you, even if you slipped and fell and we had to call an ambulance, and your guardian had no legal responsibility for you, they could simply walk away. And then TPR or the park could be held responsible, and we just can't risk something like that happening.

--Robb "Thanks for your understanding." Alvey

hey robb now dont get upset with me but i have a lot of friends in operations dept in fact my big sis used to be a supervisor in the office. so dont be surprised if i ride tatsu before the media day ok i know tim burkhart and kevin casey who are real big shots over there anyway ill be at the park all day tomorrow enjoying one of my birthday gifts from my sister in the form of 4 comp tickets. she somehow got kevin to give her to swap for disney tickets so im going to make the best of this gift and take my little brothers to the park for opening day let me know if your going to hang at the park wed am and we will hit a ride or two.

^ Do your friends happen to know if Deja Vu will be open for us on Thurs? Love the arse kicking first drop, but have only been on it twice since it's always closed when I visit. More than happy with Tatsu, but a few spins on DV while I'm down there would also be sweet!

hey robb now dont get upset with me but i have a lot of friends in operations dept in fact my big sis used to be a supervisor in the office so dont be surprised if i ride tatsu before the media day ok i know tim burkhart and kevin casey who are real big shots over there anyway ill be at the park all day tomorrow enjoying one of my birthday gifts from my sister in the form of 4 comp tickets that she got kevin to give her to swap for disney tickets so im going to make the best of this gift and take my little brothers to the park for opening day let me know if your going to hang at the park wed am and we will hit a ride or two

That has to be the longest sentence ever! Wait, there isn't a period, I mean the longest thought ever!

besides

Yeah, I was wondering about the notary part. My parents don't know much about it. But even if I do get it notarized, or if I don't have to, I still have a problem if I can't take both of them.

Any advice?

Dude. Seriously. I don't want to sound like a jerk or anything, but if you can't get the form filled out, and you don't have anyone to take you, then you probably shouldn't go.

Please stop posting asking over and over again about it. The form is quite clear, and it NEEDS to be filled out completely. Other people have had no issues doing this.

This is for the parks and the site's security. If something were to happen to you, even if you slipped and fell and we had to call an ambulance, and your guardian had no legal responsibility for you, they could simply walk away. And then TPR or the park could be held responsible, and we just can't risk something like that happening.

--Robb "Thanks for your understanding." Alvey

My mom and my guest's parent's did fill it out, they filled it two days ago. Tht really isn't the problem anymore. My mom claims she can notarize it herself, and if not, she's taking it to the bank today. My past forum questions were about taking more than one guest. I never had much of a problem with the form. I understood the first time I read it that I needed a guardian. I'm sorry I wasn't clear about that.

So anyway, only one problem remains, and that is that I can't take more than one person, and I assumed earlier that I could take a guest besides the guardian. I kept reposting because the legal guardian thing really wasn't the problem, unless I can't take more than one person.

Answer's prolly no, but does anyone have any idea which news channels will be covering the event, and if they're reporting through the night into the next day, or only for the next day? If so, which ones?

Just a matter of curiosity, really.