TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nagashima Spa Land

Hello fellow themepark ethusiasts

I was just wondering what kind of rides their are in Nagashima Spa Land (other than the very cool Steel Dragon 2000). What kind of theming is there?

And how to get there (is there a train station etc.)

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PM me and I'll get you exact travel info (Trains, buses, etc.)

It's a pretty big park, with a lot of rides. There's also a largish waterpark that's safer since SD2K isn't running.

I've got park maps at home if you want a full list of what's there.

Oh, they also have Japanese onsen. (Hot springs spa)

Quickly a off-topic question for rollermonkey : I'm considering to study Japanology next year at the university of Louvain. But is japanese a difficult language to learn??? I really want to study it but maybe it's too difficult.

See ya all

I know you were asking rollermonkey, but I can comment... My girlfriend has learned some Japanese pretty quickly. (Don't think she could carry out a conversation yet but it's doable)

She reads these books in Japanese and the same book is written in Englsih on the other side. It seems to work really well in learning another language!

Wrebbit-san, I'm not actually Japanese, I'm just a gaijin. However, I've lived in Japan almost three years. I suspect that after I'm finished up with the Navy in about 5 years, I'll be returning to Japan.

Like any other language, Japanese has it's quirks. I'm not by any stretch fluent, in fact, I'm embarrassed by how much I don't know. Pronunciation for westerners is considered easy, as it is a non-tonal language. The vocabulary gives me fits sometimes, and my principle tutor (my wife) finds it funny. (I never give her grief when she complains about the difficulties of English, but she teases me mercilessly that I haven't mastered Japanese.)

I will admit that I had more success learning Italian in the two years I lived there, but Latin forms the basis for both Italian and English, so it's considerably easier.

If you really want to learn Japanese, there are lots of options. Find a teacher, a book, tapes, cd's, or a computer program and dedicate yourself. I think that when learning a new language, there's a "hump" you have to get over. It took me about a year and a half to get over the hump in Italian, and I haven't gotten over it yet in Japanese. I know that once I do, it will get easier.

Don't be discouraged by my personal example, either. I may live in Japan, but the Navy keeps me away from home more than 60 percent of the time. It seems every time I come home, I have to catch back up.

Good luck!

Thanks for the response!

I've deceided to study japanology at university. I'll get 12 hours of japanese a week, and I can go study one year in Japan (if I want to, still doubting) so I'll master the language (hope so). For now I'm hoping Nagashima Spa land reopens Steel Dragon 2000.

See ya

Wrebbit-san, I'm not actually Japanese, I'm just a gaijin. However, I've lived in Japan almost three years. I suspect that after I'm finished up with the Navy in about 5 years, I'll be returning to Japan.

Hey, I know this is off-topic...but where are you stationed?

I was in Okinawa for 2 years and Yokosuka for 1 (With Pops of course he's with the 3rd Dental Batallion. I'm not old enough to join yet, as you can see).

And yes I have been to Nagashima, and it is a worth wild park I think. (I got to go in 2002 (You know what that meens ) Elissa hit the spot, it is basically the Cedar Point of Japan.

• 2 months later...