TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Buddy Thread ***BUDDY IS HERE!!!***

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh, Wally he's gorgeous! Are he and Gavin getting along ok? I sometimes look after a friend's Weimeraner, similar size and temperament to Pointers, and I always used to worry about taking to him to my mate's house because of her kids. Not because he'd hurt them, but just because he has so much energy and wants to play all the time, i always worry he'll knock them down or push them into something.

He really is beautiful. Is he intelligent? The Weimeraner in question is loving, sweet, and fun, but without doubt the stupidest creature I've ever had the experience of meeting. I believe Pointers are more intelligent though?

Ahh, Wally he's gorgeous! Are he and Gavin getting along ok? I sometimes look after a friend's Weimeraner, similar size and temperament to Pointers, and I always used to worry about taking to him to my mate's house because of her kids. Not because he'd hurt them, but just because he has so much energy and wants to play all the time, i always worry he'll knock them down or push them into something.

He really is beautiful. Is he intelligent? The Weimeraner in question is loving, sweet, and fun, but without doubt the stupidest creature I've ever had the experience of meeting. I believe Pointers are more intelligent though?

Gavin and him get a long pretty well. And yes, he is VERY smart.

That little bugger was told he's not aloud on the couch. So he listens. But as soon as I fell asleep, quess where he was at?

He's been testing me since he's gotten here.

Great looking dog Wally!

It must be something about those German dogs. Our Schnauzer is one of the smartest animals I've had the pleasure of owning. He actually puts all his toys on his blanket and then pulls the blanket through the house so he doens't have to carry them on at a time. It actually quite remarkable.

Wally that is one good looking pup you got there...

How old is he again? Only sage advise I can give you...set yourselves up as leaders now. That also means Gavin. He has to learn that he is below Gavin in your "pack". Dont want to sound like a dog geek, but I have a house full of pugs..LOL and belive it or not, you learn a lot about the pack dynamic when you have that many. Teach your son to give Buddy some basic commands. It will help as they both get older..

He is one handsome creature though...look forward to more pics of him

Congratulations on the arrival of your newest family member!

It's true that adding a dog to your home is almost the same as having another child. Which is the reason nobody should give a friend / relative a dog as a gift!

You will know doubt have to sacrifice some sleep at night for your newest family member.

Most dogs when introduced to a new environment will not want to be left alone. It is a hugh adjustment for Buddy, as well as you. Buddy has been used to a certain environment, and all of a sudden he is in a completely new environment, with new people, new smells, and new rules. It can be a scary and difficult adjustment for him.

In any case, I'm sure Buddy will be more than worth the effort.

It's been shown that owning a dog will often improve your overall health, and reduce the stress level in your life.

Lets face it, when you come home from a stressful day at work, your new dog can't wait to see you! Most dogs love their owners unconditionally!

So even though the first few months can often be a difficult adjustment...(Chewed furniture, clothing, and "accidents inside the house") the long term payoff is more than worth the extra effort.

Dogs are a unique animal, and they are always worth the extra effort their owners must be willing to give to have them in their lives.

^ Well look at him, you know he only wants to please you. Buddy is just a little bit stressed out over his new environment. (Which is normal)

He'll be adjusted to his new home in the very near future.

Everything will be fine in the long term.

Buddy will quickly realize that he hit the jackpot, that you chose him.

What a lucky dog! His owner has wanted him in his life for many years!

Now that he has arrived, he will be the companion you always wanted!