TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Buddy Thread ***BUDDY IS HERE!!!***

EDIT: USE TO BE THE "SHIPPING PUPPIES" THREAD

As anyone ever had a puppy shipped to them?

I have always wanted a German Wirehaired Pointer but I have found that they are very hard to find. I found a 7 month old named Buddy in Minnesota and the breeder has shipped GWP all around the country. I really want a GWP, but I don’t want the dog to be all freaked out and nervous after a plane ride.

What do you guys think?

Buddy5.jpg.dd566071ed157ec6c475bf0594524eb2.jpg

This is Buddy... isn't he sooooo cute?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was actually surprised when I first started reading about all of these breeders of all kinds of animals shipping, but it actually seems to work. They know what they're doing and only ship on airlines that have done this before. I'm sure he will also give you detailed information to make the trip easier.

Yeah, as people before me stated...if the breeder is reputable and has done it before, I am assuming it is a safe thing to do. I would just spend some time with him/her alone so he/she can get used to you after all the excitement, then introduce the puppy to Mrs. Fishy and Gavin.

Great, Wally! And soon, you'll have a bit of a backyard for him to run around in, too.

Thought of a name yet, or waiting till he gets to you - or maybe Gavin could name him? Never know with kids, hmm?

Congrats on the new add-on to your family.

My dad has his last dog shipped by airplane, and he didn't have any problems.

Like others have stated, as long as you've done your research on the breeders themselves so that your sure they are reputable.(AKC certified Etc.) There are many more awful Puppy Mill dogs than reputable breeders.

Also, was your dog by chance purchased from a German Wirehaired Rescue? Because seven months is getting a little beyond the puppy stage.

(For those who don't know, there are "Rescues" for most breeds of dogs, for people who bought a breed that wasn't working out for whatever reason they'll send them their rather than the local pound. When my dad purchased his Jack Russel, the breeder also ran a rescue for Jack Russels)

^Buddy came from a large litter of 13. He was just the last to go. They were actually going to keep him for show because the way he prances like a show dog.

I know there is a chance that I could be getting a dog from a puppy mill. And I hope I'n not. It's a risk... we will see.

^ A least you got the dog you always wanted.

Your obviously familar with this breed, your aware of its likely personality.

Far to many people go to the local pet store and make an Impluse purchase right there on the spot. Usually because they think the puppy is cute Etc...

This is why many people end up getting rid of their dogs, because either the dog is to hyper (Jack Russel) to big (Shepards) Etc...

I'm sure your new family member will turn out just fine! Congratulations!

I heard something on the news that a family bought a dog from a breeder on the other side of the country and when the family got the dog at there house it was dead so the family sued the breeder and I would've too. Poor Dog and Family.

And to add I got a 1 year old Shichon (Bichon+Shitzu) And hes small and ugly with his underbite. But I love him. It gives him character.

I heard something on the news that a family bought a dog from a breeder on the other side of the country and when the family got the dog at there house it was dead so the family sued the breeder and I would've too. Poor Dog and Family.

Thanks... just what I wanted to hear.

No, no one has ever shipped me a dog ON PURPOSE.

But I keep getting accidently shipped 3 or 4 a week.

I don't mind, the extra cash form the Vietnamese resturant down he street is being put to good use.

chevrolet-dealers tourist-attractions veterinary-medicine driver-license cardiologist medical-schools banks yorkie-breeders economic-development x-ray-tech no-call-list contractor veterens psychiatrists school-ratings mental-health educator gynecology cosmetology veterns beauty-schools aesthetician crops medication-online veterans anesthesiology line-pharmacies passport-renewal lvn car-auctions telephone-numbers presription automobile-transport social-work atv-parks Herbal-Phentermine volvo-dealers music-educators cities-and-counties attorney-injury-insurance-negligence

massage-schools bike-shops honda-dealerships gambling-laws emt-basic motorcross-tracks job-fairs pug-breeders population psychiatrists fioricet visas swinger-clubs cpa-exam nurse-assistant insurance-dept deptartment-of-revenue aquaculture analyst dmv dwi-attorney Xenical ANXIETY sonography mortician home-schooling architects photography-schools electricians doctor medical-assistants nurse-practitioners medical-transcriptionist collages education optician paralegals used-trucks automobile-transport agriculture

tourist-attractions volvo-dealers aesthetician mental-health veterens prescriptions-online vetrinary atv-parks cities-and-counties cosmetology cardiologist yorkie-breeders automobile-transport contractor lvn beauty-schools passport-renewal medical-schools economic-development landlord-laws interior-designer visit Herbal-Phentermine social-work no-call-list car-auctions gynecology psychiatrists crops educator Premarin school-ratings anesthesiology driver-license line-pharmacies guidance-counselor veterans veterinary-medicine architect medication-online