TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Revolution--back in the day

I think people go over the top at times, over-romantacising truth. The only brakes added are the ones after the tunnel (the pre-loop ones were always there, just not used as hard) and the trains always crawled over the hills (hence the anti rollback sections) - footage from the 70s shows so (footage in the film Rollercoaster that is - you know some of the coaster footage used was even sped up 10% to make it more exciting!).

I loved it when I was there this June. I also loved Pysclone however, which in most peoples minds makes me insane..

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great article on the Revolution, will have to keep my fingers crossed on hoping that they restore it it's original state...

for those of you who haven't ridden the Revolution,

I have a POV of the Revolution posted, here is a link to it

http://retrorizz.com/revolution.mov

this is not the from the 70's, this is a more recent video..

Revolution looks like it would be an excellent ride if they hadnt messed with the restraints. I rode Looping Star at Vidampark this summer and it was a great ride. You just cant beat the feeling of going through a loop with just a lapbar and no seatbelts

Jeepers, this was a long time ago. I don't even think people saw things in color, cause my memories of this day are beautifully engrained in glorious black and white.

I was fortunate to ride this coaster May 10th, 1976 it's 2nd day of operation. It was my first inversion coaster. Knott's had the Corkscrew already but it was 2 hours further south, and my parents had the belief that if we were heading down there we may as well go to Disneyland insted.

Anyway, I remember waiting only one hour to ride it and the line being all the way down by the fountain. Real fast dispatch times. I love this ride for sentimental reasons. Because of it I decieded to have my 10th birthday party at Magic Mountain. Also because of it we lost Rex and Royce untill the park closed. R&R were the stupid twins that my father made me invite cause' their father was my dads captain. In a panic, my father waited by the main gate untill the park closed for them.

Ahhh... Good Times. Good times.

Guy "I was hoping the Gnomes or the Wizard ate them." Koepp

"I don't even think people saw things in color, cause my memories of this day are beautifully engrained in glorious black and white."

You're right. I don't remember anything in color in those days. Notice that Revolution's track is white...

Eric