TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

2020 TPR Coaster Poll Results!

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is a pretty solid list overall, but nit-picking, Goliath ahead of SROS @ SFNE makes no sense.  I snagged a bunch of rides late 2019 (it was my 'home park', so I've ridden it lots of the years since it opened) and just recently got a bunch of rides on Goliath @ Walibi Holland.  

While I really enjoyed the back and to some extent the front (the middle is very meh), it was not SROS.  I like the layout, but SROS just had it best across the board.   Intensity, airtime moments, length, height, speed, and smoothness.  Both trains of Goliath are running pretty much the roughest of any Intamin I've ever ridden. 

All that said...  I really like Goliath.   It just isn't better than SROS 🤣

On 5/30/2021 at 1:25 PM, Satchboogie3 said:

I think this is a pretty solid list overall, but nit-picking, Goliath ahead of SROS @ SFNE makes no sense.  I snagged a bunch of rides late 2019 (it was my 'home park', so I've ridden it lots of the years since it opened) and just recently got a bunch of rides on Goliath @ Walibi Holland.  

While I really enjoyed the back and to some extent the front (the middle is very meh), it was not SROS.  I like the layout, but SROS just had it best across the board.   Intensity, airtime moments, length, height, speed, and smoothness.  Both trains of Goliath are running pretty much the roughest of any Intamin I've ever ridden. 

All that said...  I really like Goliath.   It just isn't better than SROS 🤣

Superman's ranking is basically a "boycott" against the new restraints by some enthusiasts. The same ride went head to head against Millennium Force for 10 years and still runs just as smoothly and powerfully as it did then, so it should still go head to head with Millennium Force. The only change is the restraints.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zand said:

Superman's ranking is basically a "boycott" against the new restraints by some enthusiasts. The same ride went head to head against Millennium Force for 10 years and still runs just as smoothly and powerfully as it did then, so it should still go head to head with Millennium Force. The only change is the restraints.

The restraints do suck!  There is a bit of rattle and squeeking that's developed.   I do miss the pre-incident days with the old restraints.   

As a side, the newer restraints, like on Kondaa, are amazing.   You no longer get sore thighs from a lot of re rides with them.  Very comfy!

• Like 1

On 6/2/2021 at 10:24 PM, Zand said:

I totally remember the Millennium Force vs Superman days and like any good teenage virgin coaster dork I had them 1 and 2 in my Coaster Grotto rankings (in that order because... I mean... come on).

I don't really think that anybody is boycotting the ride. If we took the top steel coasters and removed everything built in the last 15 years then the top 5 steel coasters on the list would be:

1) Expedition GeForce

2) Millennium Force

3) Goliath

4) Superman the Ride

5) Phantom's Revenge

I don't think that's really that insane for a top 5 steel list that someone made 15 years ago. Goliath butted in between the two but they're still ranked pretty close together.

• Like 1

Now that you put it that way, I see what you mean. It's just weird to see it in the 20s, but in that context it makes sense.

10ish years ago, I saw people write that they wanted to rank it lower just because its in a "bad" Six Flags park. Obviously Wicked Cyclone is (IMO) extrodinarily high on this list so I think the anti SFNE bias is gone that might've skewed polls a bit back in the day.

I remember wearing a Superman shirt to Cedar Point back in 2005 or so and it was pretty much the same as wearing a Yankees shirt in Boston. They took that rivalry seriously. 😆

20 hours ago, coasterbill said:

I totally remember the Millennium Force vs Superman days and like any good teenage virgin coaster dork I had them 1 and 2 in my Coaster Grotto rankings (in that order because... I mean... come on).

There's always at least one active discussion at any given moment on theme park forums where I have to check that I haven't accidentally gone back in time.

• A.J. unpinned this topic