TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Poll on Disneyland: Are You Young or High?

Agree or disagree with this statement by Bill Maher: "If you're at Disneyland and you're not 8, or dating someone who is, you'd better be on acid."  

1. 1. Agree or disagree with this statement by Bill Maher: "If you're at Disneyland and you're not 8, or dating someone who is, you'd better be on acid."

This joke was part of Bill Maher's "New Rules" segment on Real Time on Friday, October 28. Don't get me wrong--I love Disneyland, but this really cracked me up.

Your thoughts?

Now back to nursing this annoying head cold . . .

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, but I simply fail to see the draw of Disney.

Overrated and outdated thrill rides (Raging Spirits is a 1990's Intamin design that sucks, and it cost over $50 million) combined with horrendous crowds and poorly maintained rides (oh yes, I said it, Disney's maintenance is terrible, look at Screamin' and BTMR) make for a terrible park experience.

I really don't like Disney.

I'm worried about the question..:

"If you're at Disneyland and you're not 8, or dating someone who is...."

How many people date 8 year olds.. Half of them don't know what everything down there is for yet!

Anyway I went to Disneyland Paris in July. My own free will! It rules so much.

I have never had a bad day at Disneyland.

There is, like, 80% more crowds at Disneyland than at SFMM, yet I still manage to do more in one day. I understand that it sucks when you're caught in a crowd on the footpaths, but still. No reason to go crazy....its a ton of people with the same intent as you...to get mad at them is to call yourself stupid.

Bill Mahr himself should know, the world sucks. Its full of shit. People are stupid. And to pay 56 dollars to get away from that, to get away from filth, where people tell me to enjoy my day, where I can do more than what your average amusment park has to offer, to escape reality itself...thats a bargain, if you ask me (provided I dont go too often ).

Count me as high, because I love Disney. I'll take a Disney park over any other park, period. I love Disney so much, it's what I've wanted to do with my life for...well...most of my life. I've wanted to be on the management side of Disney Parks and Resorts or Disney Imagineering since I was 7 years old. I know, I take "Disney park freak" to a whole new level. Or whole new world. Whatever you want. Bill Maher, at least on his TV shows, says such things because when he does, he gets publicity. The show usually gets cancelled, the more outragious the thing, but he personally gets publicity. So, it seems like he just says stuff and hopes that one sticks.

---Stuart

Actually, this quote from a somewhat larger topic than just Disney. "Scary-atrics" was the title, and he started by ripping into adults who dress up on Halloween, a "day for kids," in his opinion. So, there's more than just Disneyland here. He was actually commenting on how our culture celebrates the juvenile side in general, and Disney has always been a handy (if, perhaps, overused) shorthand for that.

Put me in the "disagree slightly" category; however, if I lived closer to a Disney park, I'd probably be a fairly laid back annual-pass holder (which would put me in the "disagree somewhat" category).

Chuck "Remember that satire always involves a degree of exaggeration" Campbell

I'm not 8, but technically I'm still a kid. Disney rules, and I think that Bill Maher is the one on acid.

---Brent 8)

Don't know about Bill and acid, Brent, but he does admit to smoking a lot of weed.

I saw this show the other night and I thought, Bill Maher is dissing grown-ups who dress up for Halloween and go to D-land, but this is a man who goes to the Playboy mansion and hangs out with chicks who are dressed like bunny rabbits. Does he tell THEM to act like an adult? Don't think so!

I love his show and he has made comments that have insulted just about everyone-- I figure I had it coming sooner or later! He also hated on my fav show, LOST!

But I have no problem with adults indulging in a little youth culture-- as long as they're not knocking over kids getting to the rides or the candy!!