TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fight at Memphis fair.

The Ring of Fire has had three hour waits before

wot

Memphis itself has over 660,000 residents, making it the 23rd largest city in the US. The metro area is 41st largest at 1.34 million. Memphis has:

-No amusement park (Libertyland closed in 2005 and was replaced by a grass field. Little if no real review of finances has ever been done AFAIK)

-No water park (only pools and a couple of very small slides at public aquatics facilities. closest thing to one is this: http://www.krocmemphis.org/facilities/aquatics/)

-Two family entertainment centers: an Incredible Pizza Company and a place called Golf and Games.

Nowhere in the country do you have this many people this under served for amusements. The best guess I have is that racism (active or latent) is the only reasonable explanation as to why.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably the line was massive, people decided to start cutting, and the ride operator decided to try and get order in a crowd that was having none of it. His backup should have arrived a lot earlier. Actually, there should be cops patrolling, but you know, cops cost money.

I've seen some pretty sketchy people at parks/fairs, but this is a (sad/unfortunate) first.

I've heard people saying they'll "start a riot" if the line moves too slow, but I never thought anybody would actually take it seriously and actually start anything.

Just sad, and the fact it's a super loop makes it even worse.

Am I the only one that enjoyed how much that operator held his own in the fight? It looks like he got the best of that other guy.

Side note, I always find it funny when after a fight one of the parties will take their shirt off and try and act hard even if they got whooped. Stay classy Memphis.

The Ring of Fire has had three hour waits before

wot

Memphis itself has over 660,000 residents, making it the 23rd largest city in the US. The metro area is 41st largest at 1.34 million. Memphis has:

-No amusement park (Libertyland closed in 2005 and was replaced by a grass field. Little if no real review of finances has ever been done AFAIK)

-No water park (only pools and a couple of very small slides at public aquatics facilities. closest thing to one is this: http://www.krocmemphis.org/facilities/aquatics/)

-Two family entertainment centers: an Incredible Pizza Company and a place called Golf and Games.

Nowhere in the country do you have this many people this under served for amusements. The best guess I have is that racism (active or latent) is the only reasonable explanation as to why.

Understand, I LIVE in Memphis. It sucks. I came from St. Louis (where there is SFSTL and WoF/SDC/HW a reasonable drive away) to here. The GP is as you'd expect dumb as a rock and flat as the land. Thats why I dont even go to the fair; besides the previously mentioned reasons (see my full post), its full of stupidity. Quite commonly, its the biggest attraction here of the year, though it has no competition in that division. The only amusement parks I *occasionally* hear about are SFStL, SFOG, and HW. Sometimes they refer to the Delta Fair as an amusement park (as if of the likes of the permanent parks)

Ironic: under served describes Memphis, but its completely surrounded by parks!