TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Question to any floridians...

How is Dania Beach Hurricane?  

1. 1. How is Dania Beach Hurricane?

How is Dania Beach Hurricane? I never knew this ride existed until last night on my way up to miami... so now i am going to go up there this coming weekend and try it out. For those who have been on it, how is it?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I updated your poll. Basically, the ride isn't "Triple A" calibur, but it's REALLY good. I'd give it an A- if I was rating coasters. For the age that it is, it's really smooth! It's held up a LOT better than most of the CCI's that were built around the same time.

Certainly better than Gwazi!

--Robb

I'm not a Floridian anymore, but I was when this thing opened. I was there for opening day, and even then it ran really well, lots of laterals and airtime. Definitely the best wood coaster in the state of Florida, not that it has much competition. If it wasn't so far away from Central Florida, I'd have ridden it a lot more. Its definitely worth the drive though, and if I ever take a cruise from Lauderdale, I'll be sure to add in an extra day just so I can get my share of rides on this again.

I'm sort of shocked to be hearing good things about this rollercoaster. It's at some no-name park in the middle of nowhere, built by a company with no track record to speak of. The layout doesn't really seem that impressive, either.

Still, I hope to make it there sometime this year, or next year, just because it's one of the few major Florida parks I haven't been to (and I'm using "major" here extremely loosely!). The others are Animal Kingdom, MGM Studios, and Cypress Gardens.

Anyways.

I'm glad to hear it's good! I was actually shocked to discover that it was Florida's #1 wooden rollercoaster in the Mitch Hawker poll! Then again, judging by their steel results, the poll doesn't really apply to me. They say, for instance, that Pyrock is better than Blyzrock, that Montu is better than Dueling Dragons, and that somehow Kraken is better than Kumba. What? I love all those rides, but the order is all messed up.

I loved it! I actually drove down from Orlando a few years ago to ride the coaster and see a movie (Hedwig and the Angry Inch which would not open in Orlando for a few more months). The ride was fast and fun, and the lack of crowds made it easy to get MANY re-rides.

Definately worth the trip!

I would do the across and down, since its right off of I 95, although I 75 does pretty much go right there, just a little south of where you need to be. That would be the easy way (I 75) only one main road, for the most part, it's just a little longer, either way it's a pretty long drive :? don't know, it's your choice.

I'm comming to your area next weekend, which is about 3 hours from my house :shock: , but I will be going to Orlando first, so I will be comming from there, only about 1 and 1/2 hours (yippie)

P All "good luck".

I would do the across and down, since its right off of I 95, although I 75 does pretty much go right there, just a little south of where you need to be. That would be the easy way (I 75) only one main road, for the most part, it's just a little longer, either way it's a pretty long drive :? don't know, it's your choice.

I'm comming to your area next weekend, which is about 3 hours from my house :shock: , but I will be going to Orlando first, so I will be comming from there, only about 1 and 1/2 hours (yippie)

P All "good luck".

Thanks! I know it's a long drive, but I enjoy long drives, and there's so little there we can easily drive both ways, and do everything at the park, in a day, so it's not a problem.