TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR Challenge V Part II: Snow place like home

Greetings again, everyone!

Winter has moved in quickly in these parts, and a lovely snowfall has taken over the park. This time, I hired professional decorators to come in and groom the park nicely- and with some assistance from some top-notch ride designers, I've got a totally new park from the ground up!

TPR CHALLENGE V PART II: Snow Place Like Home

TPRC5.thumb.jpg.365b4fc6de3569c0fcd4547410f3166a.jpg

Beautiful, isn't it?

As you can see, the park is covered in a blanket of snow, and BOY did the weather change overnight! Cool & somewhat damp, this park has such a lovely overlay of festive, holiday colours. I love the way the decorators came up with this park, so the aspects of this challenge are a bit different.

OBJECTIVE: To complete the challenge (20,000.00 per month in ride revenues) as well as build the best designed coasters that you can.

As you can see this time it's about the money & the rides. Overall, the winner of this challenge will not only come up with a profitable park, but also one that has well-designed, well-operated rides. The more realistic, the better. What I'm looking for is the best balance of rides to the park, the best use of park land, and the best use of technology to come up with a winning design.

TPRC6.thumb.jpg.b1d88ae4fed1453708a121252ac25cfe.jpg

Such a humble, well-designed little coaster!

RULES OF THE CHALLENGE:

1.) Complete the challenge specifics by the end of YEAR SIX (October, year 6) This includes 20,000 per month in operating profits from the rides, as well as repaying the loan to the scenery people

2.) Create additional rides for the park that are well-designed, and fit the overall holiday/winter theme to the park. You may only use theming elements that come with the scenario as provided. Only select rides may be removed.

3.) Re-theming existing rides is FORBIDDEN. I spent a small fortune on having these rides done the way they are now! You may ADD scenery around the rides, but I like the way they are!

4.) No cheats, hacks, trainers or other 'assist' methods are allowed- at all. No exceptions. Anybody caught using these will be banned, no questions asked, no second chances given.

5.) You may add theme areas to the park as you see fit- but it is STRONGLY recommended that you stick with a the existing themes as provided- that is, if you see fit to add a Mountain Winter theme area, go for it- but no, building an area themed to Star Wars (or any other outside theme for that matter) will result in a beautiful entry that gets nowhere.

6.) All parks must be submitted to the exchange by the end of the day (10PM Pacific Standard time) on December 31st, 2012. A winner will be chosen from the park entries submitted at that time, and will be posted shortly thereafter.

7.) DO NOT ALTER, CHANGE OR MANIPULATE THE STORY LINE OF THE PARK. NO FUNKY EVENTS, TAKEOVERS, ETC. WILL BE ALLOWED. PLAY THE GAME AS IT IS, FOLKS.

8.) You do not need to have participated in the first part of this challenge to play: Anybody can join in for the second round!

TPRC7.thumb.jpg.18b7b49ef0bf34332567799b7ba84692.jpg

Oh the weather outside is frightful- so you'd better make lines delightful...

Two winners will be chosen for this one: Best overall designed new-ride in the park, as well as Best Overall Park in this challenge. You might not have the best park, but if you've got a ride that REALLY wows me on it's design, placement & theming, you could end up a winner. In addition, another Photo Contest of your progress will be held: Show us what you've been working on, and have a chance to win a prize. We had some really beautiful pictures taken during the last round, and I hope to see much of the same thing again! And, as with the last challenge, 500 points for your park will be added to your TPR Exchange account at the end of the challenge- keep adding up those points, and get some nifty stuff!

DOWNLOAD THE SCENARIO HERE!

I will be checking in off and on over the next few weeks, so be sure to show what you're working on- I do know I like to see lots of pics of what you are working on!

C.P.M.

Edited by mcjaco

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re-theming the rides is forbidden? Way to suck the fun out of this challenge. Good luck to those actually willing to participate.

Why would you need to? If that is your primary goal to do, then don't play the challenge. No need to be mean or rude about it. There's plenty of other places for you to build your rides in that you COULD theme the way you wanted. This is a challenge about ride building, not re-theming everything.

R.D.

Games Forum Management Team

RD, I'm just wondering why that sort of rule has even be made? If people want to theme their stuff alongside the actual challenge, just let it be. I guess I'm just missing the point of all the "extra" rules of these more recent challenges.

• 2 months later...