TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SFGAdv or Cedar Point

coastercrazy216

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, if it's an airtime machine and it's a good ride, I could care less about wood or steel. I would prefer a more well rounded experience, but I can give that up. I have about two days and the possibility of a flash pass and I haven't been to either

It's a hard call. A first timer going to Cedar Point for two days could be a lot of fun. That being said, SFGAd has the better coaster package if you ask most people.

Really you can't lose, pick one and have a great time!

I was able to get everything I wanted done at SFGAdv in one day without any trouble, and the rides were spectacular. While I can't say anything about Cedar Point, as I've never been. I am singing SFGAdv's praises. I'm sure you'll have a blast no matter where you chose.

If you have a "Coasters-To-Ride" list or something similar, you can use that to base your decision. Or, you can compare the Top 7 coasters at each park:

SFGAdv

El Toro

Nitro

Kingda Ka

Green Lantern

Superman: Ultimate Flight

Batman: The Ride

Bizarro

VS.

CP

Millennium Force

Top Thrill Dragster

Magnum XL-200

Maverick

Wicked Twister

Raptor

Mantis

That should help you a bit.

This is a tough choice! Both are fantastic parks. There are a variety of factors to consider. First, of course, roller coasters. Both parks have standout rides, though I would take El Toro over anything at CP. Still, CP has a better Intamin collection (I'll admit, I'm definitely an Intamin fanboy). If you have two days, that could factor into your decision as well. Two days at CP is perfect (I always do that, never one day). However, 1 day at SFGAdv with a Gold (or, if you are so fortunate, Platinum) FlashPass is more than enough to ride yourself into a blissful coaster coma. If driving to a second park would be a realistic option in your senior trip, then one day at Six Flags followed by a 2 & 1/2 hour trip to Hersheypark for a second day there would be unbeatable. If you can only go to one park, however, I would give the SLIGHT edge to Cedar Point. Although, really, you can't go wrong with either one. Yes, it is a tough choice. However, may all your life decisions be as tough as this one.

Look at it this way, either choice is a "win" and neither park is going anywhere, so you have something to look forward to later in the future. You have Maverick as your avatar, so maybe the choice is already made up for you?

Is the decision purely based on just the park? Or you care about other things to do in the area as well?

SFGADV has a lot of options in other parks and general attractions in the New York area.

Cedar Point doesn't really have much else to do in the area though. Best not to venture too far outside of the parking lot.

• 2 months later...