TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Advice Please - Im Coming To America

If you are going to spend the whole time at Disney now, I would consider trying to change your hotel to a Disney hotel. They have shuttles from the airport to the hotels and once you are on Disney property, they have all sorts of free transportation. There are shuttle buses, boats, and the monorail. I'm not familiar with the non-Disney hotels but I imagine that the wait time would be considerable. Disney's shuttles run every 10 minutes or so. I find them to be quite convenient.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would advise the same.There's buses every 10 minutes to almost any place on property, monorails to get to Magic Kingdom and Epcot, boats across the lagoon-it's the total package. I found it to be extremely convenient. And after a day or so you figure it all out. I think you could do an All-Star/PopcCentury hotel. Those are the cheapest, and the next ones up are Port Orleans Riverside/French Quarter, Coronado Springs, and Caribbean Beach Resort (I think those are all from the next step up?). There are some really good deals for a week or longer at most hotels.

WOW! Have you tried the Disney website directly? I'm not super familiar with how international travel works. I just checked into packages for 2 adults and 2 children with the deluxe dining, park hopper, and water park options at a moderate resort (Port Orleans) and got a quote of $4500. That was for late June 2012. I don't know how that compares to what you have been quoted. If you can't make the hotel change happen, I would find out when the earliest shuttle goes to the property and catch that. I would imagine it would be fairly early (7:00 or 7:30) and from I-drive wouldn't take much more than half an hour or so depending on how many parks they stop at. Once you are on Disney property you can use their transportation as you need. Another bonus of staying on property is the Extra Magic Hours. Resort guests can get as many as 4 extra hours in the parks- one park will open an hour early and a different park will stay open as much as 3 hours late. Lines are pretty light during these hours.

Well, I checked with the agent im booked with (As if I cancel now, i'll lose the deposit of approx $700)

And I asked for the "Cheapest" option of staying on site at Disney

$7350 !!!!

Its the same with Disney Paris too, us Brits get hit REAL HARD

SO I emailed Lynx buses, theres 2 options

1: 36 mins on a bus, each way, but with a 1.5 mile walk both in the morning and at night, my wife will be in a wheel chair and my kids are 6 & 11, so thats out.

2. You can get all the way there but that bus takes over 2 hours and you have to change

SOOOOOOOO...I'll be hiring a car LOL.......I want to pick it and drop it at Orlando Intn Airport....Is Dollar gonna give me the best bang for my buck ?

I've found a shorter vacation at All-Star Music for $4674.12 (USD) from 7.1.12 to 7.11.12.

-2 adults and 2 children (6 & 11)

-10 days+park hopper+waterpark

-Magic Your Way dining plan

-Magic Express with wheelchair lift for your wife

Not including flights of course. And the cost changed by $1700 when I moved it one day...

I don't know if you're still looking though...

I'm not sure what you mean by "Us Brits get hit hard". You know you can just buy the 14 day pass on any authorized Disney ticket dealer like Undercover Tourist right? At the time of year you are going you should be able to stay at one of the Value Resorts for around $100/night. I guess what I am saying is might want to look at booking everything separately if travel agents are overcharging.

If you'll be getting a car, check out Hertz. My partner and I always go with them and to this day we have never had a single problem.

You haven't been to Hertz in Spain. They wanted to charge my dad an extra day for returning a car 30 minutes late. Even with all the detours and construction around the Sants station/that area of Barcelona my dad had to raise his voice at them (in Spanish of course) to get them to not charge the extra day.

Personally, I like Enterprise, but I believe they are solely in the US (which works perfectly for 560poundcyclist's FL trip)

^I think a lot of it is the attitude in Spain. They are very "by the book" there, no food or drinks can brought into Port Aventura (at least in the past), you can't pick your seats on certain rides at PA, no free refills on fountain sodas at fast food restaurants, but this was where we drew the line. Had it not been for unseen detours blocking the main route to the train station (where the rental cars are) that sent us zig-zaging around that part of the city we would have returned it on time. My dad had to be assertive to get them to not charge that extra day. Anyway enough on my rant on Hertz in Spain...back to the topic.

LOL - It gets better

after speaking to the travel agent, who then spoke to the hotel, they are now saying that they will offer a free shuttle to Disney ever day for us !

I get the feeling that this isnt quite settled yet and when I get the confirmation of the shuttle, I suspect there will be another twist LOL

With that now sorted, next question

I want to know if anyone out there has ever hired a road bike on International Drive, Orlando Florida ?

If so could you give me an idea of the prices ? (Its gonna be for a max of 2-3 early morning hours) and the names of recommended businesses ?

Many Thanks