TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Speed - The Ride POV?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^I thought it might have been that one, I've downloaded a non-TPR POV for Desperado at some stage, just do a search on youtube (I can't get youtube at work). I was more looking for any excuse to post that Manhattan Express video.

Even though the ride looks pointless (besides being on a 1000 ft. tower), I am still kicking myself for not hopping on High Roller when I visited the Stratosphere in 2005. I still hadn't quite gotten back into coasters and didn't see the point at the time. It was already disassembled when we came back in 2006.

I am glad I rode Speed though, definitely worth the $10 or whatever it was back then.

^^I rode it in 2003, I'm uncomfortable with heights, even seeing a height on TV makes me uncomfortable. So ironically, a coaster with one of the most mediocre layouts ever was my most unnerving coaster experience.

Here is the note that hangs on Sahara now, written by Sam Nazarian himself.

It does suck that Speed closed, but $10 a ride...that only launched once every 15 minutes was ridiculous. I would see people on the loading platform with all day passes and be pissed off they spent $25 for it, and can only get in 3 rides an hour (if they're lucky.)

In other news, Manhattan Express has had full trains every time I drive by! I drive by about twice a day and every train I see is full! Good for them!