TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Which park has the best 1..2..3 wooden coaster punch?

Which park has the best 1..2..3 wooden coaster punch?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which park has the best 1..2..3 wooden coaster punch?

• Paramount Kings Island
    • Hersheypark
    • Kennywood
    • Geauga Lake
    • Indiana Beach
    • Paramount Kings Dominion
    • Paramount Canada's Wonderland
    • Paramount Carowinds
    • None Of The Above (Post Your Answer!)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No love for Knoebels?

I'll stick with Knoebels (the 'other' category) for now, but that could change next spring when I hit Holiday World and Mt. Olympus.

I'd totally vote for Knoebels over Mt. Olympus except for 1 problem, I can't find the 3rd wood coaster. Skloosh doesn't count, unless you're an ancient mailman in Southern California

SoBsux(which it does), I cant believe you actually supported PKI! I could see them with a good steel combo (Vortex, IJ:ST, um...KC ), but WOOD!? Heres my oppinion on PKI's woodies

Beast: Meh. All it has is the whole "in the woods Im gonna die thing" but it gets old fast. The ride has no exitement in it aside from the last tunnel. I admit I enjoy it from time to time, but thats it...

SoB: I think your SN pretty much sums it up. UBER-roughness+bunny hills that produce NO air=only worth riding for a credit, and a headache.

Racer: While I'll give it credit for it's history, this thing needs SERIOUS reprofiling. Whenever I ride it, I have to sit down for a few minutes afterward, since it brings so much pain...It has a tiny bit of airtime, but not enough to make the ride worthwhile for me...

As for you, DE, I'll have you know that Wildcat is one of my favorite woodies right now...

I would be shocked if there were not new woodies at both Knoebels and Silverwood in the next couple of years.

Going to have to go with MO right now, as there wood collection cannot be beat. I'm holding off judgement for the new Holiday World coaster until it's actually built and I ride it. I know that we're all supposed to worship HW, but let's wait and see how the ride actually turns out. Plus, like Robb, I really think they should have gone with a steel hyper, something like EGF. I'd still like to see something like that at Knoebels, but I doubt they could afford it!

And if anyone, like me, remembers rides on Hershey's Comet without the brake, then you would have to make a serious claim for that park to be at the top of the list. Brakeless Comet rides were amazing...

dt