TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Scandinavia Park [RCT 2]

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking very good Gerstlauer! Reminds me of some of my favorite RCT1 scenarios (and that's a very, very good thing!)

Also, great to see another NCSO player here on TPR!

Thank you! And also thank you for making me laugh!

UPDATE 7

(1990) We are getting closer and closer to the grand opening of Scandinavia Park! (1991)

Our team is working hardly to get everything up fast!

That big family attraction?

, - We decided to build a Log Flume, as we needed a water ride. It's far from done but i still added some pics...

We have also begun building another eating area that we would like to call "Relaxia", it's sitiuated on a island, with some great scenery!

Hope you like it!

Pics:

Relaxia.jpg.dcd7409e191830f53d03352824053715.jpg

The almost done, new area!, - "Relaxia"

Log.jpg.08c79b890d5f43d5fe90c2d5b238d973.jpg

Here it is, the big family attraction.

LF.jpg.832ea63f57e36cbd79398b220058106e.jpg

We haven't found a name for it yet.. Any good ideas? :)

Flume.jpg.c25c9f817d9c3140da4d7ba454b129b2.jpg

As always, comments and critism are very appreciated! :)

^

Great to hear!

Haha, yeah but since this is a scandinavian theme park and not a Six Flags park, (where the culture is to place big coasters on parking lots) there will not be many "big coasters" everyone who has been to either Djurs Sommerland, or Fårup Sommerland, knows what i'm talking about when i'm saying that this is a "scandinavia-styled" theme park, witch means that it will be a park with many various rides.

When that is said, - there is a another "big" coaster coming up before the grand opening of Scandinavia Park!

UPDATE 8

(1990) We are almost done with the first half of the park, now we are working hard to get the second half done.

Our Log Flume is pretty much done, still need a name and some theming thourgh.

And we have a very big coaster project ahead of us! Some of the track has already arrived! This is our bigggest investment to date!

Pics:

355920070_MysTrack.jpg.a1effdb7779d491775324da1ef3156bb.jpg

Heres the track! We are very exited about this one!

logflume.jpg.6891500cb00764043f11f23ee50364c5.jpg

Our Log Flume is pretty much done, ;)

flumeee.jpg.e904833610b8d01e35852ed940d4e570.jpg

This should be a family favorite!

Critism and comments are highly appreciated! :)

UPDATE 9

Hey guys!

(1990) Things are going very fast in the park now! Our biggest investment to date, is being constructed very fast! we should be ready for some testing very soon!

Pics:

337089604_overviewlayoutIntaminMega.jpg.269d679d571f4664ed993a1a34e016f3.jpg

Ohh, yeah baby i'm (the park's owner) are diff, gonna ride this one once it's done!!! :D

Brakes.jpg.958558eccc5cd24a3c1e7121794f5c18.jpg

The final brakes. :)

I like everything, but I think it would be good if you made less logs in the flume so it's not so "off" looking. Everything else looks amazing, but I think you should work on your foliage just a bit, but overall its very nice. Fantastic for your first attempt!

Mastersax has a tutorial on the site. Look for "foliage tutorial rct2" in the TPR search bar. For NCS realism, you should enclose your shops in stores or fancy buildings. Also try to make things near coasters look more "technical".

UPDATE 10

Hey guys, here you'll get a quick update, as i won't be able to update these next few days:)

(1991) Yep! it's the year of opening and we only have some months left before the big day!

Our Mega lite stands tall already!, It will be named "Wavebreaker". We are very happy with the results, we have also added a new flat ride

Off course, as you probably notice there still needs to be done some more things, and some finishing touches.

Hope you like my park so far!

- As akways critism and comments are very welcome!

Pics:

979620795_Firstturn.jpg.bf9dbe7130e6497fdcd88c7d34a8b241.jpg

First turn over the water :)

Twisty.jpg.0899334bdbe989704be8d82a81fda19e.jpg

Twisty!

Air.jpg.84a1c5787ed5f6b9929505c89fbc6250.jpg

And yep, there is plenty of awesome airtime for you to love! ;)

Thank you very much everybody! It really makes it so much more fun to make a park, with you guys here on the forum! Thanks!

UPDATE 11

(1991) This will be the last update before the park officially opens!

We are almost done with the park! We actually only need a few test runs! And in the pics you will be able to see the whole park!

We actually expect to open the doors to Scandinavia Park today! which means that you will get a opening day report tonight!

I will off course keep updating on this thread, when there is happening something exiting in the park, and if we get new attraction! I really hope that you like my park so far and remember, "A Theme Park is Never Done!" - Kian Kronvang.

So, just to make it clear for you guys, here's a list of our amazing attractions:

Little Lake Escape - Zierer Custom Family Coaster

Spirit - Arrow Looper

Oxygen - S&S Double Shot

Hurricane - ???

Westvallety River - Log Flume

Wavebreaker - Intamin Giga Lite

Topspinner - Huss Topspin

Sea Dragon - Pirate Ship?

Sorry for the lack of facts here, but i'm not the biggest flat-freak

Pics:

1259476574_Theotherhalf.jpg.6d5736233bba33877591caf540333048.jpg

Heres one half of the park

Scandi1.jpg.fd1bb82acb96e98727fb34878038c876.jpg

Scandinavia Park, is ready for some happy guests! ;)

1128781649_Fulllayout.jpg.9a7a5d583cd6e38cb87986cf49b6e724.jpg

Here is the full layout of "Wavebreaker"

294417321_Thiswilllookgreatwithsomeguest!.jpg.143ecf1757163cf4772160d196e91b81.jpg

This will look great with some guests! ;)

1820033451_Oneofmypersonalfavoriteareas!.jpg.58b37f19c21bd5c8dd243a939b80e0bc.jpg

One of my personal favorite areas!

ent.jpg.ed0c6c3d15b136873d704908bfb467ab.jpg

Oh yeah, and the simple Scandinavia Park entrance! (;

425071344_Andtheother.jpg.8933f9be7eea91819e7a0a821a13b27c.jpg

That's it for this update, check back later for more. As always, please comment and critism! ;) Have a great day!

^ A bit of history lesson...

While Intamin didn't have the Megalites, they DID have box track...

Remember, Intamin Box track is Schwarzkopf's original 'heartline' box track design from the 1970s (See also: SFOG Mindbender and SFOT ShockWave). They rejuvinated the system in the late 90s when they began to develop coasters such as Millenim, their suspended looping/LSM shuttle coasters and simply 'upgauged' the pipe-rails to do so.

So you are partly correct- yes, they didn't have the Megalite... but they did have the box track systems.

Gerst- your park is looking phenominal all over- Possibly one of the best I've seen done here in a long time. Given the date, time and location, it would NOT be inconciveable that your park has a 'used' Schwarzkopf Shuttle Loop coaster...

If you'd like one, check in the Games Exchange... I know I've added one called "American Revolution" that is ready-built for you to install without having to do too much work on it-

R.D.

Games Forum Moderating Team

Allright guys, first off, Thank you!

This is what i like about rct2.... - you don't have to be 100 % correct with your things! I'm sorry i i haven't pointed it out for you back in the thread, but this park has some things that it would not have in "real life" i bet you either have or will see an arrow looper with that many twist.. Second of i actually thought about the "year problem" and i did not really care..

I'm a roller coaster enthusiast i know such things, as well as i know that this park is at some points "unrealistic", - I did not wanted ou guys to point such things out. I wanted you to give me good advice and things like that, don't get me wrong. I have really worked on this park very much!

Thanks for the support guys, but if you wanna waste time on some parks than is "unrealistic" here on this forum, i can easily give you some links, that screams for help...

And about my foliage, - the last tíme i was in a forrest filled with fir trees, there were ONLY fir trees.

- Kian "the only reason this thread was started, was for you!" Kronvang