TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The TPR Games Forum Moderators Random Thread

robbalvey

Anyone remember what private message he posted to another forum? That's really a serious annoyance of mine. Private emails, messages, texts, etc are meant to be PRIVATE. I think that's probably the excuse I'll use to not have him back.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shyguy's World is blocked at work. But I found this searching through the TPR Games Moderator Forum:

This was just posted:

Well, I just stumbled on some proof that Alvey isn't exactly a mature person, or very modest. http://www.shyguysworld.com/index.php?topic=6179.msg144247;boardseen#new

BTW. That is the main RCT3 community right now. People have officially decided, Alvey is an immature self centered brat.

I'm actually going to ban that Johan guy. I do NOT appreciate people posting my private messages to another forum. That's not cool with me.

I don't remember where I was or what I was doing when this all went down. Sorry that I'm unable to be of any sort of help!

Here is what I wrote to the guy -

Hi there Johan -

I actually thought about this for a while, asked a few of our moderators for input, and as of right now I just don't think it's a good idea to lift the ban. And let me tell you why -

Personally, it's really, really, really NOT COOL for someone to take a "private" message and post it to another forum. Those messages that I sent directly to you, were meant for your eyes only. I shared, what I considered, to be some sensitive material, and comments that were meant for you, not to be posted to another group, out of context, for others to see.

Emails, Private Messages, Texts, etc, are meant to be a conversation between the parties they were addressed to. By me even sending you those messages was a sign that I was showing some trust in you, and you are a complete stranger to me.

You breached that trust when you posted those messages to ShyGuysWorld, and that's just not something I can easily forgive or forget.

Sorry, but the answer is no. Your account will remain banned.

I hope you can understand my reasoning, and appreciate that I've taken the time to explain it to you.

--

Robb Alvey

Suspended member: Coastin' for 7 days: Failure to adhere (repeatedly) to TPR Games forum posting rules. His thread is locked. He was warned TWICE not to do single post updates- and today FOUR times tried to do it again.

Seven day suspension. Perhaps people will learn to read the rules.

Very, very persistent he was. Threads full of nothing but teasers are stupid, except for the Preview thread, where it's supposed to happen.

I thought that thread would have been okay when he posted a bunch of images about the coaster, but I was wrong.

If you have a project, present it well. If you're not ready to go, don't bother posting it. It's that simple!

Edited by A.J.

So I sent that guy the email like over a week ago...no response. Honestly, I was going to *sort of* base my final decision on what he responded back to me. And zero response tells me that I'm glad we made the correct decision....

• 2 weeks later...

I had a feeling jakecallan would turn into a whiny B.

Your entire post was uncapitalized.

Two, we have asked numerous times to please use a search engine for scenery items. You can find it faster that way.

I am not nitpicking. These are the rules set forth by Robb.

Subject: RCT 3 Custom Scenery Links

mcjaco wrote:

For the gentleman that just posted a "someone tell me where I can find XXX"

1) Use proper punctuation and capitalization.

2) GOOGLE SEARCH

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=dasmatze+billboard+collection&oq=dasmatze+bill&aq=0&aqi=g1g-K3&aql=&gs_l=hp.1.0.0j0i30l3.1452.5841.0.7387.13.12.0.1.1.0.234.2279.0j9j3.12.0...0.0.gLc6Vzhz2mE&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=bc672964f28edb4e&biw=1270&bih=379

Not going to cause fuss on the forums but first off don’t patronize me, it was a question. I did not phrase the question like that, I used punctuation I may have missed out one capital letter and I stayed on topic. Normally my posts are pretty prolific. I can’t deal with mods basically nitpicking on little mistakes. Genuinely was there any real reason to delete my post? I mean it was on topic, admittedly I could have done a bit of a better search but I had no idea you could download off of SGW list I thought it was just a list showing the names of CS. All the other links that show up when you Google have no active link to the download (Look if you don’t believe me). I did a good 10/15 mins searching before resorting to posting the question here. Now I know it doesn’t seem like I did, but I honestly could not find a working download. I know you’re trying to keep the forums to high quality but I somtime feel like we are basicly being picked on, I guarantee if that had been a member who was little older, had a higher post count or had a higher reputation you would have left the post how it was.

Jake.

Edited by mcjaco

Yeah, Jake is on my shitlist, and has been for a while. He is one that is one -small- step from getting my size 9 steel-toed boot into his ass. I've already warned him about his posts, his grammar and his attitude, and personally if he took a nice time out I'd not complain at all. He wants the site to be like his other stomping grounds that are more loose, and not like TPR.

Just my .02 this morning....

Admittedly (And AJ is witness to this...) I'm not the best with Google... (Yes, AJ, you CAN make jokes here.)

AFAIK, Jake is simply a 'aren't I great? Don't you think that I'm great? I think I'm great, do this for me because I'm great' type of teenager: Entitled up the wazoo- but worthy of none.

I know I'm earning the title of most-hated MOD on the Games Forum- but as of late we're getting a whole new crop of whiny, entitled teens coming in. I have -no- problem being the bastard here with threads like his (And a few others...)

What I've been doing as of late to 'control' these kids is this: They get a 'please read the rules' post first, then a PM, and then their thread gets locked. It has proven most efficient in taking care of the entitled tyeps.

Just ask our friend Goldie...hehehehehe

^ just make sure the user notes are updated.

It might also be an idea to create a topic here with notifications and links about/to topics that have been locked for a certain period (and reasons etc)

That way if we have to look back at a users history.. we only have to look at one place..

Speaking of user notes - I'm getting a little annoyed with coasterfansince1999. I know Eric issued a warning to him and I know that the posts he was issued a warning about were in the main forum and technically out of my jurisdiction, but I hope he doesn't flood the games forum with posts for posting's sake.

EDIT: It seems that he did this so he could get a custom title (150 posts, most of them are crap though). Hanno, aren't you friends with the Title Fairy?

Edited by A.J.

^

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27177

"If you respond to a spam thread you automatically will receive a 24 hour ban from TPR Forums."

A reminder please DO NOT POST REPLIES TO SPAM, click on the "Report this post" button.

The button that looks like an explanation point "!", this will notify the moderators.

It wasn't even a thread! I honestly thought it was legitimate!

Guess I'll be more careful next time. Or maybe I should stop trying to be nice. Maybe a combination of the two.

Edited by A.J.