robbalvey

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, not sure what the problem is here - uploading is pretty self-explanatory and super-easy. If you're going to play RCT, you should at least know the directories where your tracks, screenshots, etc are kept.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys - While I know I'm not around as much in this forum I do keep an eye on it almost every day and I do just want to sent my thanks to all of you for keeping the games forum VERY active and on top of things!

When I see that the majority of the first page of the forum all have posts active within the last 20 days or so, that's pretty incredible! This games forum is more active that some other theme park websites main forum page!

Anyway, just wanted to pop in and say thank you for keeping the games realm under control!

--Robb

Holdin' it down. GRRR!

The forum itself has been active, but the Exchange itself hasn't been as active as before. Sometimes we get a bunch of uploads in a day, sometimes we get no uploads for a week. Action will probably pick up in the summer when all the children (myself included) are done with school, but I wish it was a bit more consistent.

^ It's the staying power of TPR that will self-promote the Exchange. As all the crappy little kiddie run sites die off (which they inevitably will), it'll get more traffic. I foresee it being the place to get all downloads as files slowly start to disappear from other sites.

And, of course, the school breaks will feed it's activity.

Perhaps I need to run an easy contest to draw some traffic in? I'm sort of run-through with ideas- at least in part. I'd love to do a general RCT contest again, but I'd need a basis to build from on it.

I was thinking May Flowers might be a good thing: Go after the new coasters along the way. (Yes, that means a spate of Wingrider coasters all over...)

I issued a 'close thread' warning to Coastin' over his single-post thread, Hanno responded to a post about it. Coastin' e-mailed me about it, and I have replied to him about why the rule stands. If he doesn't add to the post, it will be locked until he has more content.

When will people start to learn how to read the rules???

Can we have a round-table discussion on these "design" and "work" threads that people keep making?

I understand it's cool to have most of your projects in a single thread blah blah blah and it streamlines the forum blah blah blah. I just keep thinking - if more of these show up, there will be less new threads for big projects.

And another thing, they're just excuses to post updates with little more than a screenshot and/or logo - meaning, a way to get around the rule posted in the game forum rules thread.

Should we do something about those threads or leave 'em alone?

I think we have a few key offenders of the 'work thread' rules- and that's getting excessive; I've asked them to stop with the 'one pic' per upload shit that's becoming rather chronic as of late.

Perhaps it is time to revise the rules a bit- and stop the 'loophole' (See what I did there???) that is allowing it. Jake Callan is by far the worst offender of the lot- and it's because he is lazy. Molemaster isn't too bad about it- but he's also trying to beef up his post count.

One of the things I like about the work-threads though is that it does keep the forum from having 10,000 two update then it dies' threads. We're seeing a surge of new RCT III stuff popping up- and what concerns me is that we will have a surge in these 'one pic' threads. I've already had to adjust Coastin's thread twice- and given him the 'don't do that' warning- as I've done in the past few months with other threads.

Perhaps we need to re-iterate the rules to the forum about these things?

Hey guys - I got this email in today. While I remember the whole incident with Shyguys, I don't recall this person specifically. I'll let you guys tell me if you think this is someone we can give a "second chance" or not.

Please note that, I would rather err on the side of being cautious with people like this, as my experience tells me that people don't change, and if someone we've had to ban once for being a troll, obnoxious, etc, it's probably highly likely that we will have to ban them again.

But if you happen to know the guy, or know that in his situation it really was more of a 'heat of the moment' type of thing, I'm open to giving him another shot.

I don't have the time now to go back and look at what he posted or said, so I'm hoping maybe one of you guys do.

Thanks!

--Robb

Hey Robb,

As you might remember (probably not), about a year ago I was involved in a discussion between you and some members of the Shyguysworld.com website. Now, I know I have made mistakes, like we all do and I was wondering if I could be welcome again to post on the TPR forum. I have learned from my mistakes, I have grown up (or so is said). So, I hope you can let me in again and let me be part of the great community TPR is.

Greetings,

JohanR

From his "User Notes" for the ban(s):

Banned user for reason “You have been banned from Theme Park Review. Private messages are meant to be "private", not to post to another forum. If you take issue with the way Theme Park Review runs our forums, that's fine, we welcome you to go elsewhere. We don't need or want problematic members. Thank you.”

» JohanR91

And the previous one from 9 months earlier:

Banned user for reason “You have been given a 1 week ban from Theme Park Review for being disrespectful towards the site's admins. If you want to express a difference of opinion, that's fine. You don't need to be a douchebag in the process.”

» JohanR91

From the "Elissa's thoughts on the UK/Europe trips"

Seam like Lisa cant really anjoy the same thing as 4 milion others....

To which, you responded this:

JohanR91 wrote:

Seam like Lisa cant really anjoy the same thing as 4 milion others....

**BLINK*** Huh???

Any other thoughts, guys?