robbalvey

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

R.D., I unlocked the RCT3 Canyon thread. One update was 48 hours, and the next one was close to 23 hours. We don't need to be completely anal retentive on that rule. If the thread sucks (and it does), no one will pay any attention and it'll get buried.

Yeah, most of the time I just let threads sink.

It's when members post a few hours after they do an update saying something like, "Please comment" that we throw the hammer down, right?

• 2 weeks later...

G-D help me for saying this, after the last disaster:

It's time to run an RCT 3 contest.

Any ideas would be great- as I've got a planform park setup, but would like to make it closer to what CPM has done in the past before starting the contest. Also, what would be a good 'challenge' for a park setup? I.E. Do we do build XXX type of ride/rides?

I'm a big fan of the "here's a park that is in complete disrepair and here's 10 grand to fix it" challenges, but you can't really do that in RCT3 because you can't set rides to be preserved.

Maybe something like that Fiasco Forest scenario from Corkscrew Follies? Make it like Crazy Park Manager let his idiot second cousin twice removed build a park or something?

Do you have a 'RCT II'd' version of that? I.E. something I can get a good planform from, and work from there? I'd like to get this ready to go in a weeks time (I head to Asia next week tuesday for five days, and want to release it Monday AM).

I like the idea of the run-down park in disrepair. Perhaps get a lot of guests sick, trash everywhere, etc. that needs to be fixed. Some of the different ideas that are being floated around in my foggy head are an older park with ancient rides that break down constantly, and few choices to replace them with (Limit the amount of "Here's my 900 foot tall, 600 mile long, 128 inversion B&M" types of rides).

Thanks for that AJ- I'll start to pull them apart and see what would work for RCT III. I should have a prototype game ready by Wed/Thur depending on how work goes tomorrow (If US/AA is 'announced' tomorrow, it will be later in the week).

Any other ideas would be great, too- as this is sort of new territory for me.

Hey guys, who locked the Oriental Gardens thread? There was no reasoning left to as why it was locked. Just a lock. Please provide a reason if you're going to do that, or delete it, and send a PM.

I deleted it, and sent a PM to the poster about the rules.

Thanks!

I locked it and sent him a PM asking him to provide more content; I didn't edit in a little message like I usually do, apologies. I need to learn to stop trying to do five hundred things at once.

Edited by A.J.

I'm getting annoyed by people using shortened YouTube URLs.

Doesn't anyone read how to use YouTube tags? youtu.be links don't work! you have to use the full URL!

Ask and you shall receive, Hanno...

Shady Glen park is now ready for release- I'll post it up to the exchange tomorrow night, along with the announcement thread in the GFM's forum from CPM- all it will need is to be moved into place on Monday Morning, and to have the Front Page & Twitter/Facebook feeds updated with the info on it.

More details tomorrow- as I'm going to tweak the existing scenario a bit for play effectiveness.

R.D.

OK: Shady Glen Park is now ready- I adjusted things a bit, tweaked performance, added some interesting 'challenges' to make the game more difficult, and it will be ready to fly for tomorrow AM release.

Hopefully this will be a 'new start' for RCT 3 gameplay- because after the last debacle with the Track Challenge, I'd not like a repeat. I will be keeping a log of people entering, however- just to be on the safe side.

Run time is two weeks from tomorrow. Guidelines for the winner will be established in the thread by CPM. Some elements are designed to prevent overplay, while others are there to challenge.

R.D.