TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's First Official Game Exchange Challenge!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, this actually sounds really fun. I'm in.

EDIT: Alright, so I'm having trouble opening this as well. Is it actually saved as a SC6 file? My computer doesn't recognize it as that and so RCT2 won't open it. I've placed it directly in the Scenario folder, looked for it through the Scenario Editor, etc. and I still can't open it. Could you reupload it as a SV6 from the start of the scenario or something?

Here are some pictures of the park

I didn't want to make Changes, and I played it only once, I had made some Backups but I didn't use one of them

Im not fully Satisfied about the future area, I still think it's not really bad with no Custom Scenery

http://www.themeparkreview.com/game_exchange/track.php?id=1701

SCR41.BMP

SCR42.BMP

SCR44.BMP

SCR45.BMP

SCR46.BMP

Edited by QueerRudie

The file as uploaded to the Games Exchange is .SC6- so once it's placed in the 'Scenarios' file in RCT II, it should work fine.

Yes, I understand that. It simply doesn't seem to work for some reason.

Managed to get it to work though, so everything's good. Now, what of the map can/can't we change? I imagine the coasters are all set so no moving or removing them, but landscaping wise? Are we free there?

You are free to do whatever you want with it... save the few rides that our Crazy Park manager thought needed to stay...

Creativity counts here- and even if you don't complete the scenario, you CAN still make it through to the 'final voting' level- if your park fills the basic tenets of: 1.) How it looks and 2.) how it works out in the end.

I'm very curious to see what people are coming up with- as it's a nifty little park all around!

R.D.

Games Forum Moderating Team

Hello all-

I've been getting feedback that some members are having issues with downloading the scenario-

BE SURE THAT 1.) You are saving it to the SCENARIOS folder of RCT II

AND...

That you have put the .SC6 extenton on the file, if it's not already there. Some OS users have reported that it's not saving the file with an SC6 extention.

R.D.

Games Forum Moderating Team

I'm in!

Quick question though, can we "hide" the rides we hate and close them?

EDIT: Ok, so far I have removed the woodie and the dinghy slide, enclosed the TOGO in a maximum-security Chernobyl concrete containment thingie, the neck-snapping looper has been renamed "Torture Simulator 1" and I've added the Screamy Meamy (Guess which movie). So far I'm in June, Year 1.

Re: MeMeMe: You may enclose the rides, but you may NOT shut them down. They MUST be operating. The Crazy Park Owner would be -most distressed- if you didn't pay homage to his thrifty ways- and creative use of his rides.

SFGAmguy- Great! Remember to post it under the "TPR Challenge" track file... It's in the 'type' bar when you post it.

R.D.

If you choose to continue to play the park AFTER the scenario is 'over', you may continue to do so. However:

1.) You must take pictures of the park in MARCH year 6- as well as

2.) Submit the park itself in MARCH year 6.

We will be basing the voting on the parks based upon that.

if you DO continue to develop your park AFTER March year 6, please do so. What we're looking for here is the creative use of the scenario as well as completion of it.

Even if you do not complete the scenario (I.e. 'win' it) remember this: You may still qualify for an Honorable Mention- or even voting in the final round.

R.D.

I just submitted my entry. This is the first time I've ever entered a game contest. It was fun.

I like to keep my parks more on a traditional level than to do an all out theme park with RCT2. I basically kept the park as is except I removed the wood coaster for expansion opportunities and eventually relocated the Lakeside Looper (Enterprise) when it came time for a new attraction. Here's a few screenshots.

Grand-Gardens-Overview.jpg.91a7aa94dff659e81f77a15218f7101d.jpg

Cannonball.jpg.760526ecf198897f41c378df4198d81a.jpg

Kraken.jpg.0be753e9a1721f41a95cc26b03897e78.jpg

Old-Mill-Scream.jpg.5425c5887fd80ad5598d5bac07123676.jpg

Remodeled-Back-Country.jpg.9b026c79a83c7d4c71c1310f6a8a1252.jpg

Remodeled-Main-Entrance.jpg.6b39f6ad19f4fa3cdebad0b04044c2c7.jpg

Ah you guys are already done?! I have yet to complete the scenario!

As posted above even when I complete the scenario my park wont be finished, so more than likely there will be a good chunk without much theming or anything, but I'm hoping the finished bits will compensate for that.

MID WEEK UPDATE!

One week down, another week to go- and I'm starting to see entries into the contest- five so far. You still have another FULL week to download the scenario, play the game, and show TPR what YOU do with RCT II.

Here is the park:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/game_exchange/track.php?id=1623

Once you're done- remember to upload the file IN THIS THREAD! There's a nifty key down below- "GAMES EXCHANGE" that can add your file right to this thread! Also- please post some pics- we'll need some of your park later.

All parks should be submitted by MIDNIGHT, Sunday 27 March, 2011. Anybody beyond that point, well- We'd love to see what you've done- but you won't be eligble for the contest!

And remember- You get 50 pts when you upload your completed park- and ONE winner will get a TPR BAG OF CRAP!!!!!

R.D.

Ok, didn't win the scenario due to reaching year 5 with only a handful of rides, yada yada... I'm hoping some still accept it for what it is though!

The park has been renamed Apollo's Grand Adventures, one of many parks in my Apollo entertainment Parks chain. I kept the flats, SLC, and the woodie along with the required rides, and added a few such as a B&M flyer and dive machine, as well as others you'll soon discover. Enjoy!

SCR56.BMP

MOD EDIT: You can find the park HERE:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/game_exchange/track.php?id=1721

Edited by QueerRudie

Greeting TPR!

A reminder: You have FIVE days left to post your park- and some pics- before this challenge closes.

YOU GET 50 POINTS JUST FOR ENTERING!!!!

YOU CAN WIN A GREAT TPR BAG OF CRAP!!!!

It's simple- download, play, and enter!

R.D. and your Games Forum Moderating Team

Wait, can we still win first place and not complete the objective?

From the rules in the first post:

Judging

Even if you DON'T beat the scenario, you will be considered for an honorable mention - or may even in the final voting for the winner. We want to see your best RCT2 efforts - that is, what would YOU do if you had this park. Everybody who completes the challenge (That is, beats the scenario) will be automatically entered into final voting.