TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Grand Grove Thrill Resort [RCT2]

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think planters would do better then those buildings that Dot pointed out.

It's also nice to see that you're playing around with custom supports too. Be sure to also place Banners on the buildings so the peeps "know" what is to be sold/ offered.

It's good that you are using variation in color as well as it gives a more distinct feeling as well.

You're starting to really master the basics for parkmaking, so you are on the right track.

But of course, Braztaz, Have fun building this, too.

Sorry for such frequent updates today, but I'm working on a WHOLE lotta stuff. Remodeling the resort (which I didn't even show you version 1) and also completely redoing the layout of things. More details revealed later, but here's a picture of the work-in-progress entry plaza.

SCR172.BMP

Sorry for such frequent updates today, but I'm working on a WHOLE lotta stuff. Remodeling the resort (which I didn't even show you version 1) and also completely redoing the layout of things. More details revealed later, but here's a picture of the work-in-progress entry plaza.

That's almost always how I design my entrance plaza's,granted my buildings don't look anywhere near as good as yours.

I really like how you've laid out the buildings in the midway containing the giga/mega lite but as has been mentioned the "half" buildings should either be removed or at least connected with a roof to give it a tunnel appearance.

What a nice, tall theater.

Any reason for the color scheme?

The color scheme is to go along with the bright and colorful section of the park it's in. A lot of the buildings are colored bright like that (this is near the main entry plaza).You'll see pictures of that later when it's completely finished.

@DJ: It's big enough to hold a theater. I was going for more of the look outside, that's why it's so big.

Add some fencing and/or foliage in the empty spaces between buildings. It will make the areas around the paths look better and feel less "empty".

^Keep in mind everythings underdeveloped at this point, I'll go over everything with finishing touches later!

Red Rover got a new plaza.

SCR176.BMP

Anyways, in case you guys were wondering, I am aiming for ABSOLUTE realism. What I did was pick a random city I've never heard of (Kingstree) and tried to make an amusement park out of it's rea landscape. It didn't give me much to work with, just the Black River (which you can see borders Blue Abyss). I made the road plans to fit specifically into the open area that Kingstree had to offer. Here is a rough plan of what the park would look like if real:

1171926306_GRANDGROVEMAP.jpg.0613d07a3ccf5346db2e849122f66dca.jpg

The gray are roads/parking lots, The purple is the land the park owns, and the red is the resort. What do you think?

Making my first real "hack". It's a Frisbee, and due to my Vista I'm having problems getting it invisible. But I'll try, try again and then I'll work on getting it look nice and dandy. This entire area of the park is located just past the "Black River Flume" ride and is extremely undeveloped. If you remember the pirate ride from the early updates (1993ish?) this is it redone.

----

SUSPENSUM: New to Grand Grove for the 2006 season. Riders will be in for the ride of their life as they're swung face down, 100 feet in the air, directly over water. Added water effects propel the ride into many's top 10.

SCR181.BMP

You don't need special discounts to get this working.

Have you tried using a diffrent coaster type? I generally use the multi dimensional coaster for it.

also making things invisible works for me on vista.

Have you tried disabling the UAC on Vista?

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/disable-user-account-control-uac-the-easy-way-on-windows-vista/

That solved my major issues with 8cars. Only thing I can't do is merge however.