TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Grand Grove Thrill Resort [RCT2]

@Dmaxs: No problem, I understand fall is a busy time for many people. But I owe it all to you; after I previewed the park to you, things just kinda turned around for me- I realized I hadn't been thinking the mind of a real RCT2 park maker. I used to be "Wow, this is the best ever!" and I wouldn't keep my mind open to what other people might think before I released it. I used to improve a little, then stick with that for a while, then improve a little...Now, I realize how my Holiday Thrills parks were so unpopular; even the beginnings of this park. I started thinking "That's good, but I need to get better" for every update, and I would spend more and more time on each section. Started paying attention to details, etc...but I'm not going on saying that I'm all so great, either. I have MUCH more to improve on and if I start thinking the way I used to, well things won't turn out so great in the end. So a huge thank-you to you for turning this all around in my head, as really- I owe it all to you.

@Djbrace & Mastersax: Thanks so much, guys!

---

I'm going to release my plans as a parkmarker to everyone as well. I will finish up the timeline to 2010 (by then, the park will seem a little more complete and full). After then, no I'm not ending the park, I'll just be dropping the timeline. Updates will become more scarce as by then I'll be going back and redoing the things I feel need improving; a few days ago I started on the parking lot, which has been just a big block of concrete until then. After a few months of rebuilding this and that...I'm gonna take a big leap to NE. No, I won't be submitting my park...though I do hope to do that in the future. (My big problem is B&M supports. They always take up so many slots in the scenery that I always chose to not use them) But I will advertise it on the forums and get some advice over there, work on some details, and then maybe finally submit this.

But to get that far, I need every single one of you all's opinions. What you don't like, what you do...etc. You have been tremendously supportive so far and I gotta give a big thanks.

So this wasn't really an update, but it kind of was, and I still need some of your guys' opinions on what I should and shouldn't do if I wanna get the guys over at NE to nod their heads. If you have anything to say, shout it out, as I'll be more than glad to hear it.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xcellerator ripoff anyone? lol

About NE...

It's going to take a lot of time to get to that level, but don't let that effort discourage you from trying. Heck, I'm still no where near such that level either, but that does not stop me from trying to improve.

Start with small projects and expand outwards is the best advice I can give you.

AGENT X

SCR150.BMP

Stats:

200ft tall

195ft vertical drop

Manufactured by: Intamin

Accelerator prototype

Top speed: 80MPH

One of two of the first batch of accelerator coasters that opened in 2002 (the other being Xcelerator at Knott's Berry Farm) this ride is different enough to set it away from the others.

The ride begins as a dark ride. Using effects and sounds, you feel as if you're beginning you're own mission as "Agent X". Riders take a sharp turn out of the station into an intense helix, then twist into the launch area, synced to fast paced action music. During a brief few seconds, riders hear "I....I think they've caught us!" "Stay quiet.....when I say run, you better run." Then, a clock is heard ticking for what seems like forever, and the ride launches as we hear the narrator yell "RUN!" (with some explosion sound effects) and riders are shout out of the tunnel at 80mph, shoot up the 200ft tophat, then spiral 260 degrees down back to earth (This is a first, Xcelerator only twists 90 degrees) as water effects shoot out and you blaze through an airtime hill and into the brake run. Phew....what a ride!

SCR149.BMP

In the above picture, you can see the large windowless building which holds the dark ride portion, the enter and exit station, (also a first) and part of the queue.

SCR147.BMP

The area is extended beyond Nightlight. Some may complain that this new addition takes away the feeling of speeding in unknown territory.

SCR152.BMP

Addition pictures.

There are bleachers available to watch your family and friends as they ride.

"Agent X"

Grand Grove, Kingstree, SC

----

And here's some additional updates of my plans for this park. I'm in the process of making it more realistic, and if you take a look at these plans:

grove plan.bmp

Here's the key:

Outlined in light blue is my planned WATER PARK. I'm sorry, but I don't think it will be completely functional, as the last time I tried 8cars would crash every single time. Sorry guys

Outlined in pink will be the Grove Resort, a new hotel/resort that I plan to spend weeks on. (Sorry the screenshot cut off). It may expand further, who knows.

Outlined in gray will be a new boulevard, that takes riders past the separate entrance to the water park, the resort, and into the parking lot.

Outlined in red will be the addition of Grand Grove's first themed area, details will be released later.

Outlined in black....I have no idea what will happen to this area. But it's a pretty big gap and I know I have to do something with it.

Comments and opinions are always welcomed.

Thanks, guys. But I do have some bad news as well. During September and October of 2002, Red Rover has been SBNO (Standing but not operating). Coaster enthusiasts were baffled as to why this was, and the future is unclear of the coaster as of the end of the 2002 season. Agent X was running at full capacity, though, which brought park attendance up quite a lot.

Finally started some custom supports on Nightlight. The land is bare at the moment but that will be fixed, I promise. Sorry if they're bad but it's my first attempt. I'd love your opinions.

Also, I've begun work on the resort. After it's completed the park may be renamed to "Grand Grove Thrill Resort" or something similar.

SCR155.BMP

Over the past week I've worked on a new themed section. I have no definite theme yet, but I'm thinking of calling it "Mystique Villa" or something like that. The resort is still in the planning stages but I've got the base built in.

So far, Mystique Villa only has one attraction, which is "Destination Fantasy" (still need to come up with a better name!). But here are some screens (keep in mind, they're a work in progress)

SCR156.BMP

The plaza for the Mystique Villa.

SCR157.BMP

Destination Fantasy in VERY EARLY stages. Not sure if I like the way this looks.

That's all for now.

Now, I know you guys like that water coaster, but I have a few problems with it. I'm just going the list them off here

• -The Water Coaster has no real "wet" spots on it.
    -Some of the roofs have different textures when matched up with the walls.
    -There isn't much of a purpose of the water after the lift. I would suggest changing that for track.
    -All of the waterfalls don't have a source. My advice to you for this; add some water before the waterfall.
    -The coaster is a bit too short. I know there are water coasters with short lengths like this one. My suggestion is to make the ride a little bit bigger, extend it over the lake, and add a second lift if you need too (big mega splash down at the end )

I know with this list of stuff, that I may make it seem if this is the worst thing ever. Well, I do have some good things to say about what you've done. I do like the one building in the middle, as well as the queue line.

^^Nothing wrong with a bit of criticism. I switched the full tile roof that clashed to a quarter tile and redid the texture and it now fits together. And I didn't extend the water coaster because now I may be developing a bit too close to the road, and I wouldn't want guests driving up to the park seeing all the theming from across the lake...or am I looking at this too realistically?

To the rest of you, thanks for the opinions. Really means a lot and it fuels me to keep going on with this. Maybe in the following month I can post some screens up to NE and see what they think over there.