TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR:Michigan adventure and funny billboards.

Great trip report

I liked Michigan's Adventure when I visited it last year. Even though it was pretty crowded, the lines moved fast for everything except Wildcat and Corkscrew. Shivering Timbers is actually my number one coaster, even beats El Toro, but if you visit, make sure to ride it later on after its been running for a while. My only complaint is that ehe park could could use some more flats.

Sorry you didn't get to spend as long as you wanted, but it looks like you had fun in the time you had.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree.

The flats that they had were not very exciting.

The thunderbolt had one of the weakest programs that I have ever had on that type of ride. The trabant was about as much fun as riding a hampton motorcycle ride. The only decent flats that I think they have, are the falling star and swing ride.

But the one thing I would like to see more than anything at the park, would be for them to connect the park in a circle. They started to build the path behind thunderhawk, and just stopped. If your not sure what I am talking about, imagine a path that starts next to shivering timbers train station, and connects to the path behind thunderhawk.

As it is now, it's a pain to get to thunderhawk if you are near timbers. The train takes forever, and the walk is long.

All in all, the park is 10x as better then it was a few years ago.

I so remember those generic signs on the way to the park. Our last trip there in summer '07 was great...it's a nice little park. It was pretty busy when we went, (meaning 5-10 minutes for ST ). We really fell in love with ST, Wolverine Wildcat, and had a blast at their waterpark too.

As far as Fazoli's goes, I don't know what it's like in other areas but in Southwestern Ohio they seem to have lost their touch in recent years. They used to have all-you-could-eat breadsticks that were awesome...but they're not so good anymore. Plus, their prices went up to the point that Carrabas is the much better choice, IMO.

The breadsticks were still all you can eat for free. The food was o-k, but like I said, I like carabas better.

The park does get slammed, that is why I try to hit it when its not a really hot day. If it's a hot day, the park will be very busy because of the water park.

Great photos!

I went in...I think late May, not sure about the exact date anymore. My mother and I went on a Sunday, left early in the morning and arrived about ten minutes before it opened. And, due to it being a weekend-Oh, it was Memorial Weekend's Sunday-and a hot day, there were cars pulling up. Not that the parking lot ever got full.

If ever you can, take one of the first rides on ST, it is as smooth as butter the first go. I got the first ride for the blue train and it was amazing. Rode that coaster at least six times that day if not more. I have to say, even at it's busiest (and we also spent two hours in the Water Park), none of the actual coasters had bad waits. I rarely had to wait more than five minutes, except for Corkscrew.

I love MA, most likely because I live just under an hour from it, making it an easy getaway. Got friends coming to see me for a week in July, maybe we'll hit MA and I'll see if I can do a proper TR.

Thank you.

I think with all wooden coasters, the ride experience changes during the day or weather or tempature.

I wish I lived an hour away from any amusement park. The closest park to me is cedar point, and thats 2.5 hours away. I would love to hit michigans adventure more often, but I can never find anyone that likes to tag along...lol.

I used to live on the East side of Michigan myself. Over in the Ann Arbor area, among other areas. I moved over here just last summer. It's nice living close to MA seeing as there doesn't appear to be a ton of water parks nearby (although we do have the lake).

Before, I used to live near Cedar Point, as you do now. But that's a longer trip and more like a weekend than a little day trip. It's nice in Grand Rapids, but I can't imagine what it's like to live in that house just across the street from the park itself. Haha!

I'd be interested in tagging along too...been wanting to hit MiA and ST again for a while now. Let me know when you may be heading back up, it's about a 5-6 hour trip for me, but I may work it out.

I'm always interested in tagging along. Granted, as long as it's Tuesday through Saturday I'll already be there at the world's greatest wooden coaster, but I'm still interested in meeting some TPR members if you guys want! Just look for me at Wildcat, Timbers, or Timbertown, my name's Jon.

Sure.....the more, the better.

Reality15....You work at Miadventure, so maybe you know the answer to this question. Why don't they let you take pictures on the train ride? Just curious, because every park I have ever been to, this has not been an issue.

I'm honestly not sure of the reason we don't allow cameras. My best guess is that we don't want anyone to drop anything off the train, then someone might try to reach down/jump off to get it, it could get caught in one of the wheels... I'm really not sure. The rule was in-place when I transferred up from Cedar Point, I never really asked why it's no longer allowed.

Thank's for the reply.

I can't believe that would be the reason, as all other parks I have been to allow you to take pictures without any problems. Who knows? Of course this is the same company that is seatbelt crazy...lol

I hope to make it out to the park in a few weeks for timbers fest. Are you working that event?

I'm betting the road signs that say "Amusement Park" are from when the park was called Deer Park Funland (it started off as a petting zoo in the 50's, then in the late 60's they started adding rides) way back in the day (they changed the name to Michigan's Adventure in 1988). I grew up in Grand Rapids, so the park was a 30-40 minute drive from home. Corkscrew was my first ever coaster. Back then it was painted white with red & blue trains.

Last time I visited the park was in 1995 I think. The only coasters were Corkscrew and Wolverine Wildcat. The water park was still pretty new.

I'm hoping to make a visit back home next summer and I really want to go back to the park and ride Shivering Timbers & Thunderhawk.

• 5 weeks later...

To discuss news and opinions, not answer simple fact questions which you can get answered nearly infinitely quicker than posting a question on a message board in the middle of the night. I'd think most people rather get the answer now, and not wait for a reply.

Unless you just wanted to bump your trip report to the top. Then I'd understand

I'd actually look on rcdb first, but there isn't a snazzy let-me-rcdb-that-for-you site. And yes, Corkscrew was first, if google didn't help