TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PTR: Six Flags Over Texas 2/14/10

I left my house at 6:45pm on Saturday night going to are hotel (Marriott: Residence hotel) that is a couple of blocks away from the park. We arrive at the hotel at 11pm and are room had a great view of Mr. Freeze. The Dallas/Fort Worth had snow on the hole day Thursday and Friday morning and they still had lots of snow on the ground. I woke up at 6:30am and eat breakfest at the hotel (fake food) and then got ready to go to Six Flags Over Texas, I got there at 10:20am. I had a great day, because I was like walking and I saw like this famous dude walking into Johnny Rockets by Flashback. Then I go, "I seen that person before". Guess who it was. Ok I will tell you it was freakin Mark Shapiro with his kids and the park president of Six Flags Over Texas Steve Martindale, I met them both at the Johnny Rockets, and talk about the weater outside! The only bad part of the trip was that is was COLD and that the park made everybody leave at 1:30pm because the lack of people. Remember there was Snow everywhere even on some coasters!!

--------------------------------------------------

Time: 10:20AM - 1:40PM

Weather: Cold, Freezing, and snow melting everywhere.

Crowds: Nobody (Probly 10 - 25 cars in the parking lot)

Rides: (My family Rode)

Daffy Duck's Capitol Tours 1x (My mom and sister Hannah)

Mini Mine Train 2x (Me, my dad and sister Morgan)

Mine Train 1x (This is the ride that had snow on the train)(Me, my dad and sister Morgan)

Batman: The Ride 2x (Me, my dad and sister Morgan)

Crazy Legs 1x (Me and sister Morgan) (After this ride is when I saw Mark and Steve)

Flashback 1x (Me, my dad and sister Morgan)

Runaway Mountain 2x (Me, my dad and sister Morgan)

Rodeo 1x (Me, my dad and sister Morgan)

Titan 1x(My dad and sister Morgan)

Yosemite Sam and The Gold River Adventure 1x(Me and my sister Morgan)

There was lots of rides closed because of the weather!!

Shows: (In Order)

No Shows were playing!

Food:

Eat nothing at the park!

Notes:

-Just cold and Mark Shapiro.

-One of the friendliest parks I have been to!!

Hannah.

My dad in the snow.

My mom in the snow.

Morgan and Hannah.

Hannah getting ready for the COLD day!

My mom and Mr. Six.

Hannah and my mom on Daffy Duck's Capitol Tours.

Hannah waiting tell we got of the Mine Train.

Us on the Mine Train. That had snow in the seats! FUN!

Hannah with the Batmobile.

Hannah's toy in the SFOT snow!!

Thats it! My mom forgot to get my camera to take a picture of mark! I know it SUCKS!!!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice report! I'm suprised that opening day wasn't pushed back a week due to the unusually harsh winter weather the DFW area has dealt with this past week.

Six Flags seems to really want to open their parks early nowdays, so early that winter weather can have the potential to interfere. Last year SFoG's opening was pushed back due to snow, and if I remember correctly, SFGAm was closed the second week of operation due to cold weather.

Hey Jerry,

I also met Six Flags CEO Mark Shapiro today! Here's the photo taken at about 12:45 PM today.

That's me on the left!

I was SOOO EXCITED to meet him and get a photo with him.

Can you tell me more about seeing him with his kids and Steve Martindale in Johnny Rockets? I assume they ate for free? Haha. Did they have lunch there? Did you go up to them? What did you say? And what did they say? Etc.

^^^ I think it was a preview weekend and they were open to the park!!

--------------

^^ I was going on Crazy Legs and I telling my sister "Look there is a famous dude", because with his sunglasses and he had people around him and they were walking to Johnny Rockets. Then I said "I seen that guy somewhere, and why is he wearing a suit to a theme park?" After that I say that's Mark Shapiro. After the ride on Crazy Legs we went inside the resturante and they had him in a corner with his family. First my mom introduce me to the park president Steve Matindale (they were talking to each other when I was on the ride), and I told him how he was doing and talking how he became president of the park. He became president by working there for a long time and moving up! Then I left to go ride Flash Back and came back and Mark, his kids and Steve was still there. Me, my dad, and my sister was getting ready to go ride Judge Roy Scream (until I found out it was closed). Mark was talking to someone about something near the entrance of Johnny Rockets. My dad interrups the conversation and told Mark "Your the one who brought the weather from New York". Mark starts laughing and we start walking out and he said wait, then we turn around and he ask us were are ya'll from. We said Austin, Texas. Then he says, is that were that new Schliterbhan water park is going to and we said yes! After that he ask us did we buy tickets or a season pass, we go season pass. Then we said good by and we left to Judge Roy Scream. All that was around about 11:50 am!

Then we saw Mark exiting Titan with his kids and Steve, and they told us "Are ya'll following us" and we go "no" and we all start laughing and they left and we went to Titan. This was around about when you took your picture!

^ I thought he was ESPN's CEO before getting the job as Six Flags CEO?

He wasn't the CEO of ESPN. Shapiro served as ESPN’s Executive Vice President, Programming and Production, a position he assumed in September 2002.

In 2005, Shapiro became the CEO of Six Flags.