TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review Valencia Clubhouse Fire!!!

Heh, some of my comments about the fire made the local news:

http://www.the-signal.com/news/article/24667/

--Robb

Very cool ... hopefully the apartment building will actually be able to give you some answers about the fire alarms, etc. Maybe they need to test the alarm systems in the rest of the building?

When is the last time they did that? Maybe they need to have a complex-wide fire drill?

As an aside, I actually used to deliver The Signal when we lived in Canyon Country ... I was in (I think) 6th grade. Back in the days when you had to deliver papers to the front door and not just "Driveway" them. And also back in the day when people actually used to read newspapers and not just online.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's just hope that when it is rebuilt, they use another means of heating the building apart from a replacement fire place. Might stop this from happening again?

And I second the Bag-O-Crap idea for the lady who alerted Robb, maybe an invite to the next TPR event held in the new building when done also?

Let's just hope that when it is rebuilt, they use another means of heating the building apart from a replacement fire place. Might stop this from happening again?

That's the thing, the fireplace is not there to heat the building, it's there for "decoration." The building has a central heating unit. It was actually 85 degrees outside the day of the fire! WTF were they doing with the fireplace going in the first place?!?!?

--Robb

It was actually 85 degrees outside the day of the fire! WTF were they doing with the fireplace going in the first place?!?!?

--Robb

I was wondering the same thing.

I can't imagine a gas fireplace causing the fire. Probably some guest threw something in to burn like abunch of paper.

I just got back from the mountains and I'm glad to hear that everyone is alright. That's seriously crazy that no alarms or sprinklers went off. Maybe they'll be smart and not put a fireplace in the new Clubhouse.

Jimmy "Many TPR memories in the Clubhouse" Bo

Wow!! I saw Elissa's post on FB about the fire it smelling like Rome in Spaceship Earth (LOL..great analogy, btw), but I had no idea that it was actually IN your complex until yesterday. It is more than a little scary that you were in the building. I haven't read all the pages of this thread... have they said the cause of the fire and has your complex sent out any "official statements" to the residents regarding the clubhouse?

• 2 weeks later...