TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review Premium Membership Questionnaire

Based on the information below, would you sign up for TPR's Premium Membership? Please also respond to this thread and give us your reasoning as to your vote.  

636 members have voted

1. 1. Based on the information below, would you sign up for TPR's Premium Membership? Please also respond to this thread and give us your reasoning as to your vote.

• Yes
    • No

1. What are your initial thoughts?

Over the course of the past 6 or 7 (?) years TPR has become one of the definitive sites for theme/amusement parks. Think about it; When most of us want to get our coaster fix we visit TPR, Screamscape, Westcoaster for the great photos, and maybe an insider Disney site if thats your thing. When was the last time you visited an ACE site for bleeding edge news about a new attraction or a trip report about a park off the beaten path? The conent on this site is unmatched anywhere on the internet. In this sense including a club or a premium membership is the only step TPR can take to cement itself as the premier destination for anything amusement related. The relationships that they have established with these parks ( I don't have to elaborate you all already know) are stronger than anything we've seen before in this industry. I commend them for taking this to the next level and anyone concerned about cliques/eliteness/or levels probably just had a bad experience in high school. I look forward to reading this post again in ten years when TPR has replaced ACE as the defacto club/site/destination for all things theme and amusement park related.

2. Can you think of anything else we could be offering?

The current plans offer exclusive content, once in a lifetime experiences, discounts on theme parks all over the world, as well as a foot in the door on TPR trips. It's hard for me to understand why posters who are much more prolific in posting have doubts about the value of this. TPR can remain stagnant or move on the next level. Do you really want to hold one of your favorite websites down?

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TPR can remain stagnant or move on the next level. Do you really want to hold one of your favorite websites down?

Certainly not. On the other hand, I like it for what it is now. And if it were to become, well, something else--I'm not sure I would like it as much.

Having said that, I'm all for the Club TPR concept. I do think it will almost certainly widen the divide between the heavily-involved and more lightly-involved members, though--even if only psychologically.

Sorry if this has been asked before since I haven't been reading the whole thread. But is there a certain timeframe that people have to join the club by? Or will people be able to join the club at any later time or even year?

I'm sure it's been tossed around, BUT if it hasn't......

What about having different levels of membership based off how much you pay?

$0-Gets you Basic Membership which just gets you on the site and that's it! LOL j/j

$25-get's you a Standard Membership with X amount of benefits

$40/$50 gets you Premium Membership which is everything the Standard Membership has plus the additional perks of priority listing on trips, etc.

Just a thought.

^ We have thought about - Basic/Gold/Platinum or something like what the airlines do for their frequent flyer program.

To be honest the biggest challenge is that Elissa and I are only two people and we have a lot to do.

Keeping things simple has been a great way to help keep us sane (well as sane as insane people can be!) over the years.

--Robb

I know you have explained before that it is hardly ethical to give discounts on TPR trips (before this thread came along), so I'm curious as to how much of a trip discount you would receive if you joined the club.

Are you talking about a reasonably decent discount, or a discount of less than...say...$30?

The idea of the club interests me, and if I can make the perks worth it for myself (getting that license soon...), I would definitely consider joining. While I never really hoped that TPR would offer a membership like this, the idea sounds much better than having the site/forums cluttered with annoying ads.

And personally, if/when the club comes to life, I would feel kind of left-out if I didn't join...