TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Luna Park Tel Aviv's new mystery coaster!

I hate to be the bearer of this thought...but could it be a Wisdom ride? After all...they are a US manufacturer and they did have this ride in Israel...

Miler also is from the US...but I do not believe there area any existing rides of theirs in Israel.

http://www.rcdb.com/2391.htm

EDIT: Edited to change hyperlink...

Anyway, good luck with whatever it may be

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

flip, i would say to just hop on over to dubai in a few years but i'm not sure you would be let in... if you did it would be a big hassle.

^scary thought! why would they remove rakevet harim for a wisdom thing though? this ride is far more impressive looking, which is probably what they want, so that you can see if from the highway next to it.

it could be a vekoma. is the space big enough for that funny tornado/whirlwind model or whatever it is called?

on a side note, where do you live, flip? i was up in ranaana.... maybe... 4 years ago. i went back 2 years ago, but I didn't go to luna park that time. do they still have that funky floating merry go round thing? that was fun.

^^That coaster was removed over a decade ago, so that's probably not what he was reffering to. Also, the footprint of the ride is (relatively for a park this tiny) huge.

^I was actually saving up to go to Dubai, but with the economy crashing I don't see any sign of work on Dubailand starting, let alone finishing. Also, going on vacation once a year is expensive and not very fulfilling, coaster-wise... I'm still hoping to have somehting nice within a 30 minute bus ride.

It would make sense that ti's a Vekoma because of all the Vekoma rides Israel has. But again, Vekoma is a swedish company. So that would only make sense if the guy made a mistake. At this point I guess it's safe to assume that he did.

I live in Tel Aviv, the bustlin' metropolis.

Did you get a chance to go to Superland? It's the more thrilling one out of the two parks.

• 1 month later...

I posted about this two days ago in my Israeli coaster geek forums, but I figured I should probably post it here, too.

A couple days ago I looked out from the window of my college and saw a large diagonal balck line in the park's skyline, so I figured it was a crane, meaning vertical construction has either started, or was about to start. so I headed on over to the park.

newride3.thumb.jpg.a6dd70f49f229b360ddf1fa0ec566a7a.jpg

A support being moved into place!

The support structure has ruled out a Freefly. By the looks of it the coaster starts with a sharp, very low-sloped turn dop out of the lift hill. So I'm guessing it mgiht be a spinning coaster of some sorts?

I later went and talked with the secruity guard and a couple of random park emoplyees. He was alot nicer than last time. I didn't get any new info about the coaster but I left with a smile on my face regarless, which doesn't happen to me that often when interacting with park staff.

newride1.thumb.jpg.20eb4797f0ee31fa7d0bf4623664a7a3.jpg

Yes! Supports! Woohoo! And fairly tall ones by the looks of it! (Shorter than the old rollercoaster, accoridng to a park emplyee, but good news nevertheless)

newride2.thumb.jpg.0b0dcdfc8f6711f50a19d15fbb3eeee2.jpg

What's that I see in the distance, under the crane? Are those...?