TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

My drawing of Hersheypark (with a surprise)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kumbarider1993, if you're referring to the construction site then yes. I've already began playing around with that corner of it. Not a whole lot I can do now until the ride goes vertical. Even when that happens, I'll draw it on the map in stages. Same goes with Comet Hollow when the changes start occurring down there. When everything is pretty much complete, I'll post a 2012 image of the drawing.

I used Bing aerial and satelite imagery, Flying Phil's aerial imagery, Google Streetview and my own personal park photos. Overall, it all came together really well. This image will never be completed simply because we all know the park isn't done growing and changing. That's why I made it entirely out of pencil so it would be easy to go in there and make changes when needed.

• 2 weeks later...
Kumbarider1993, if you're referring to the construction site then yes. I've already began playing around with that corner of it. Not a whole lot I can do now until the ride goes vertical. Even when that happens, I'll draw it on the map in stages. Same goes with Comet Hollow when the changes start occurring down there. When everything is pretty much complete, I'll post a 2012 image of the drawing.

Yes of course, I'm just being exited

And it's not like there's not enough eye-candy to begin with! It'll probably take me a year or so to soak in this whole drawing anyways.

- Sam "I can almost picture it on the map!"

I didn't see this thread the first time it was around but I have to chime in and tell you how impressive it is! Have you considered doing a high quality scan of these someplace like Kinkos? That way you could make it into a large PDF that is scalable, etc. I know I would love to be able to explore it a little more!

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some better images of my drawing:

Entrance area

Comet Hollow before the remodeling, as well as the Skyrush construction area.

Food court, Sidewinder and Storm Runner

Fahrenheit, The Boardwalk - The Shore, Intercoastal Waterway and Roller Soaker.

Midway, The Boardwalk - Coastline Plunge and East Coast Waterworks

Midway and Lightning Racer

Sorry, it's not for sale.

I've now motivated myself to work on more of the parking lot portion. Right now I currently have the Giant Center completed as well as the surrounding parking lots about half complete. Expect some photos of these areas once I'm finished with them.