TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Band Camp

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I was in band camp. And there was one of my friends who plays clarinet and he was BIG and this little nerd called him a bitch because he played a wrong note at a school concert. So my friend punches him in the nose and he start crying his @$$ off. He tells the teacher and he writes him up and was only supposed to get 2 days of ISS but on his way out he got a chair and he threw it at the kid with the high water pants and tucked in shirt and a head to big for his body and coke bottle glasses. It was probably a 2 pound chair and he coulden't get it off of himself. And for throwing a chair at the scrawny kid he got 2 weeks suspencion.LMAO

i did band camp last year. it was about 100 f and it felt really hot! i didnt have any water and the stupid teacher wouldnt let us take any brakes! anyway i started to get sick and got what some of you might call tunnle vision for a few seconds. we were outside marching to a fast song. thats what made it worse! well thats the biggest story i could come up with!

Directors that won't let you ever take waterbreaks are idiots....the story before that one reminds me of the time our old director lost his temper (over the tuba section's ceaseless smart-ass coments) and threw a stand...another time he was mad at the tubas he broke a baton and the flutes and bassoon (i.e. me) had to stifle our laughter...which was not easy

Hey,I'm a band geek! (I play tenor sax)

Band was so much fun this year! It was my freshmen year and everyone that's in the band is also in marching band. Last years show was Pirates Of The Caribbean! It was so good,some other bands tried playing it too. But their versions could not beat ours! The best moments in band camp were....

My friends Rick and Dillin were jumping into matresses. They dicided to put one up so they couldn't see the other side. Well, they both ran to jump on it at the same time and they had no clue the other kid was there. WHAM! They hit each other and everyone was laughing so hard!

The best moment was the talent show. The drumline did their version of Jepordy! My friend Alex was in a white dress with devil horns and pantyhose and was called Lucyfer! Dear Baphomet,that was soooooo funny!

YAY! finally a post about band geeks. Band camp starts Monday for me, sounds like your band directors work you guys a lot..My teacher's philosophy is "quality not quantity" which is really helpful.

I have so many band stories...I remember last summer we were playing our after dinner game (this time it was duck duck goose), and the drum major decided to have 2 people going at the same time..in opposite directions...I saw what was coming...slammed right into each other!

then there's also the time my friends and I were watching & reciting The Lion King during dinner... I love Lion King like Elissa loves Chip & Dale.

Yeah, this one time at band camp this kid.....

nvm, I use to play in band for school, which was torture. I played the bassoon. WOOHOO FOR WOODIES! I liked my big wood. I just dont like the whole music part tho.

I would never go to band camp, probly because, I have better things to do with my life! Like sleep.......

In one hour I have to go to marching band. (Yay... I guess.) But our conductors are a ton of fun, and we've got 227 people in our Marching band. (Over 1/5 of our school is in it.) Right now it's about 93F, with the heat index at 102. Yes... gotta love midwest weather.

Oh, it's Hawaiian day at marching band today. We have to dress up.

Here we are: http://www.pleasval.k12.ia.us/highschool/Band/Spartan%20Marching%20Band.htm

Haha, I was in band in Middle School, played the Trumpet. One time our band director was trying to get our attention, so he had his directing wand, or stick, or whatever, and was tapping it heavily on the stand and it broke in half. Well that must have been his favorite band stick, cause he wen't back in his room and cried, or at least he came back out with a red face, and wiping his eyes, so lol, that was a great time.

Never been to band camp but it sounds pretty interesting. Shame I only play electric guitar and they don't seem to have rock band camps. I am going to a guitar summer school though for a week with a mate. A whole week of guitar!! Apparently you learn a whole years worth of stuff in a week. It will be pretty intense playing but the evenings are all lined up with gigs and concerts so it should be fun.

My daughter started band camp this week. That's all she's been talking about all summer, so she's psyched.

Hat's off to all marching bands out there. Having seen that training, I have nothing but repsect for all the time and energy it takes to do that well.

My daughter plays Trombone.