TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: A Somewhat-Alternate Look at Cedar Point

^I agree with you, there are other parks I would love to visit that I haven't, but if my only trip s to the Point, I go there to do what I love to do...ride coasters and have fun.

I also got thinking that the bashers also base their opinions on the CP fan-boys. I've read posts by many in my life, and I can see why many would bash the park. As for England Patriot's comments, dude, they're flats everywhere, but when you're there for coasters, you don't notice them.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Agreed...you ever notice that a lot of the people that bash the park are people that don't live anywhere near it or base their opinion on one visit?

CP's my home park and I've used my season pass well enough since 2005, so not the case here. Also, trees, flats and kiddie rides are something I've never had an issue with at the park, and the other ones (besides the food prices) I could take or leave.

I think it's still en vogue in the enthusiast community to bash Da Point...

See, this is what I play off of when I write these TR's. Though it doesn't seem like I have a good time, I'm a sarcastic kind of writer, and I'm still glad to be at the park. Kinda hurts when I put in some effort to these reports and they come across as "I absolutely hate everything about X-park".

I can think of about 30 parks I'd rather visit than Cedar Point. It's not ranting. It's just my opinion. I don't really care what the US-centric, biased-against-Disney Golden Ticket Awards say.

The Golden Ticket Awards don't mean too much to me, but some people do seem to get excited by them. It does seem that they latch onto one park and one coaster and ride the wave for years.

I visited SFNE on Tuesday and contrary to the GT award for Bizarro/S: ROS being the #1 steel coaster in the world for four years, I did not agree with this distinction. Top ten (maybe), but certainly not #1....

But then again, that is only my opinion and I am sure there are plenty of people on this site that would debate my claim!

The have no bad rides, Perfect park.

Perfect park is a pretty high pedestal. Don't you think?

I think it's still en vogue in the enthusiast community to bash Da Point, but that's how I see it.

Hmmmm, perhaps.

People whine about not enough trees, too many garbage cans, long lines, forceless/rough coasters, lack of flats, no Q-bot, stupid ride names, not enough kid-friendly attractions, etc, etc...bottom line - it is simply ranting because CP is ranked #1 year after year and it doesn't seem fair in their eyes.

Rule of thumb - when anything is ranked #1 there are always going to be people that find something to b#tch about and point out faults as to why it shouldn't be #1.

If you're ranking it #1 off the Golden Ticket awards.....oy vey.

Kinda hurts when I put in some effort to these reports and they come across as "I absolutely hate everything about X-park".

Don't take it to heart, Dan. A lot of people don't understand the amount of work it takes to put these PTR's together. It's appreciated by people that are way more knowledgeable about parks, the industry, and reading well written reports. Not a bunch of teenagers that have been to three parks and consisder themsleves "all" knowing.

Consider this a warning. Get back to talking about the PTR, and not complaining about CP bashing.

See, this is what I play off of when I write these TR's. Though it doesn't seem like I have a good time, I'm a sarcastic kind of writer, and I'm still glad to be at the park. Kinda hurts when I put in some effort to these reports and they come across as "I absolutely hate everything about X-park".

I apologize if my remarks seemed aimed towards your TR as it was geared more for the people that continually bash CP. I also try to blend in a lot of general sarcasm in my reports....that's what makes them fun!

Anyone can feel free to call me a fanboy (or fanman?) I suppose, but I am not ashamed to call it my favorite amusement park. This park carries a lot of great cherished memories for me as a child, teen and now as an adult. The GT Awards have nothing to do with my personal opinion of the park.

I certainly did not intend any negativity towards you and really enjoyed your pictures and the report - especially the museum photos! You had some great "extras" that not a lot of CP trip reports offer.

Thanks for sharing!

^^That is not my quote.

I would never say CP has no bad rides. They do have Mean Streak and several other rides I generally skip. There are so many choices that I don't even notice many rides they have.

As far as flats go, the have Power Tower, Skyhawk, Maxair, Chaos, the list goes on and on. Whoever said they don't have any flats is either blind or hasn't really been to the park. I am guessing EnglndPatriots has never been, based on his comment.

And for the record, I am not a fanboy. There is still plenty CP can improve upon, but I go to a park for great rides and a friendly atmosphere, and there are plenty of both at CP.

I grew up a SFMM fan boy until I was lucky enough to move within 3 or 4 hours of CP. I can tell you that my experiences at CP are always so positive that I forget how high I once was on MM.

^Who are you? And why would you fix the quote? You should be banned for that. Seriously, that is falsification and BS

I never called out anyone either. Are you able to read the posts. I am a firm believer that we can all have our opinions and I have stated that in other threads. Now go away. Most of us were having a nice conversation.

I love CP. It is a great park and I really enjoy the rides and atmosphere. The water is beautiful and so is the beach at CP. They have very good flower arrangements and I feel CP does give great atmosphere.

What I don't get is why people go to CP and then come back here to complain. Don't go if you don't like it.

CP DOES have lots of family coasters. Iron Dragon, WildCat, Blue Streak, Mine Ride, Disaster Transport, etc. They do have lots of flats and tranquil rides also.

The only thing that I find wrong with Cedar Point is the prices, but thats how it is at most american amusement parks nowadays...There are a ton of flats and there all great. They have a ton of coasters and none of which are bad. There is an over whelming number of friendly staff that help you on everything you ask them. There are lines but almost all the lines move extremely fast (Dude, They run 3 trains on the freaking corkscrew). They have 2 kid areas and they are both very well themed and have a lot of rides. Cedar Point has a ton of awesome shows. The atmosphere is fantastic, Load of classic rides... How can you not like Cedar Point?