TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Your favorite and least favorite Bumper Cars

There are plenty of bad bumper cars, so I'll just list the best. Rue Le Dodge at Six Flags Great America. I kind of thought the "biggest" would be gimmicky, but it was seriously the most fun I've ever had on a bumper cars. There were so many people to bump into and so much space that you could get going fast before you hit them. It was totally chaotic and wild.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so spoiled by the Knoebels Scooters that I can't even think of any other Bumper Cars worth mentioning. There's such an enormous difference between Lusse Auto Scooters and everything else that it just makes the other bumper cars seem like complete crap.

I'll say this though... the most fun you'll have on non-Lussee bumper cars is probably at the Whirly Dome in Orlando (or in various other places throughout the country). The bumper car aspect isn't the main point though... it's a combination of Lacrosse and Basketball played on Bumper Cars. The bumper cars themselves are crap but everyone should try this anyway.

When I try to think of the worst bumper cars it's a toss up between most Cedar Fair parks. The combination of amazingly short ride cycles and slow crappy cars just makes for some really lame bumper car rides. Basically any bumper car ride at a corporate park sucks but Cedar Fair takes it to the next level.

I finally made it out to Rye Playland this summer, and, gotta say, for me those bumper cars just about match Knoebels'. They don't have the weight and don't hit quite so hard, but they're incredibly fast and agile; you can fling them all over the oversized floor, actually put them into all sorts of powerslides, spin people out of control, and just really go crazy with them. Fairly long ride cycle, too.

I'd pretty much go back there just for the bumper cars and Derby Racer.

• 2 weeks later...

Knoebels Scooters are absolutely amazing. They definitely get my got for favorite. As for least favorite, Tuck and Roll's Drive Em Buggies. I know they are for kids, but they go so incredibly slow, and in one direction, that even the kids hate them!