TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island Trip July 18th

Ok, I'm visiting King's Island on Saturday July 18th, I have a couple of questions...

How long are waits for Diamondback, The Beast, Firehawk, and Flight Of Fear?

How are the crowds?

If you have a platinum pass for any Cedar Fair park does that give you free parking at King's Island?

Any other tips of how to get the shortest waits on the major rides,

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On a Saturday in July crowds will be massive

Diamondback: I only rode on opening day waited 3 hrs. I'm sure it should be less than that. Probably around an hour

Beast: Depending on what time you ride

(first thing) 10 min-30min wait

(last ride of day at night) 90 min

Firehawk

Depending on downtime I would say about 90 min

Flight of Fear

45 min

With your pass you will have free parking at Kings Island

You might also want to check out the soda wristband it is like $9 for all you can drink sodas all day.

As far as shortening waits

----Get there early---

You also get early ride time with your pass (1 hour before park open) just show your pass at front gates. On certain rides only. I think Diamondback and Beast maybe something else

Make sure you ride Beast (front seat at night) and Top Gun at some point both can't miss.

On a Saturday in July crowds will be massive

Diamondback: I only rode on opening day waited 3 hrs. I'm sure it should be less than that. Probably around an hour.

A night ride in the front row of the Beast is a must!

When DB's que is full its just about a 45 minute wait because the capacity is fantastic. Firehawk may be closer to a 2hour wait depending on the dispatches even if they tell you less. Firehawk operations are pretty horrible. It's usually the most aggravating line in the park. I'd expect to wait at least 60 mins for FOF most of the day but that's alright since it's indoors.

I'd recommend doing Firehawk or SOB first thing before the crowds hit!

Ok, I'm visiting King's Island on Saturday July 18th, I have a couple of questions...

How long are waits for Diamondback, The Beast, Firehawk, and Flight Of Fear?

How are the crowds?

If you have a platinum pass for any Cedar Fair park does that give you free parking at King's Island?

Any other tips of how to get the shortest waits on the major rides,

As a Diamondback ride op; here's my advice for Diamondback.

Don't go to it first. It's an excellent coaster when it comes to capacity, and it's very crowded until about 1-2PM. After that, it should only be about a 30-35 minute wait for a saturday. The single rider line should be 20 minutes.

I suggest going to Firehawk and Flight of Fear first; they will be two of the longest waits. Then move onto Italian Job and Invertigo.

The Beast is okay with capacity, I'd hit that at night and then get one last ride on Diamondback at night, too.

Best Diamondback Seats:

-Row 1

-Row 4

-Row 10

-Row 16

You should be able to hit them all with good timing! It's an excellent coaster, don't just ride it once!

I'll be in Texas!

-Zach

Thanks everyone for the advice, this is my second time going to the park but the first time was back in 2001 when I was way too small and scared to get on any major ride. I wouldn't even go on the Reptar coaster down there, I only went on the Beastie (at the time).

Firehawk and Flight of Fear

I've ridden Firehawk twice during mid-day. The wait seems to be at least an hour all the time. I suggest you go to Firehawk first, because the last time I was there, I did and the wait was only around 15 to 20 mins. Ride Flight of Fear too while you're there. It should be around 20 to 30 mins at that point.

Diamondback

I have no problem waiting any time for Diamondback. Its ride operations are VERY efficient. The line is always moving. If you do mind waiting, ride it later in the day.

The Beast

I would expect the wait to be about an hour most of the day.

Oh and don't forget! The park is open until midnight that day! You probably already knew that, but there are several rides that I recommend to ride at night.

Diamondback

The Beast (night rides are EPIC on this ride)

Flight Deck

Adventure Express

Have fun on your trip!

I've haven't went on a weekend in years at KI, but it might not be to different.

DB- You said you have a Platinum pass, so I would ride DB's ERT. You'll get about 2-3 rides in before the park opens.

The Beast - Also has an ERT. Try going there next.

FireHawk - This is a must ride when it opens. This line can get very hectic throughout the entire day, just because of the horrible loading/unloading times.

FoF- It's right next door, so I would ride this next.

You've ridden the 4 best rides in the park IMO, so everything else is up to you. Being a weekend, it's going to be more crowded, so I would say everything would be anywhere from 30-60 minutes longer then usual.

I'm going there on the 18th too. I'm going to get one ride on DB and the Beast in the morning and just casually work my way around the park until 12 midnight. It is definitely going to be crowded, if it's not it's a miracle, but it should be fun. I'm going to ride Diamondback/Beast a few times at the closing of the park also. Those are most definitely the two best rides to ride and night. (Top Gun is good too).