TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Official RCT/RCT2 Help Thread

^^ There is info for support removal on page 22 for a NCS park and info and a object download for CS park on page 21.

^ I have a Geauga Lake park. I have no idea who made it or how good it is, haven't gotten around to seeing it in game yet so sorry if it is junk.

Also in the Objdata thread you were asking for some scenery items from Doctor Who (I think). Anyway I searched at the database for both doctor and who and came up with nothing that would match what your looking for.

's Wildwater Kingdom.SV6

^^ There is info for support removal on page 22 for a NCS park and info and a object download for CS park on page 21.

^ I have a Geauga Lake park. I have no idea who made it or how good it is, haven't gotten around to seeing it in game yet so sorry if it is junk.

Also in the Objdata thread you were asking for some scenery items from Doctor Who (I think). Anyway I searched at the database for both doctor and who and came up with nothing that would match what your looking for.

Thanks for looking anyway.

Now here's an odd thing, when I load it up, it tells me I need to have Time Twoster, when I already it installed, do i have to re-install it?

• 4 weeks later...

okay im new here but ive been playing rct2 for years now...

but i just started using 8 cars and it was working fine, but then things just stopped working. (im on a vista by the way)

the any-height construction tool doesn't work while everything else does. i get the confirmation that the game recognized that i could "build 500-foot-rides!" but it just doesnt work and i can only build to what the game allows for the specific ride. so the cheat doesn't work.

and now 8 cars just isn't registering in general. i have 1.21, 1.31, and 1.32 and none of them work! any help/ideas?

Vista is the worst windows to run 8cars on I've had the problem myself, this isn't any of your fault but your windows doesn't support a lot of 8cars. if you can't do any hacks anymore it just means that windows has blocked 8cars and you'll have to reboot your computer get another hack done, this is the reason I've switched back to XP because I needed a lot of hacks to accomplish what I wanted to build and otherwise you are working on a simple hack for 3hours instead of 30min like in winXP, this has made my project progress a lot better and the detail level went up a notch because I simply could get them in place when I wanted and not when my windows finally allowed me.

I hope this answers your question.

Vista is the worst windows to run 8cars on I've had the problem myself, this isn't any of your fault but your windows doesn't support a lot of 8cars. if you can't do any hacks anymore it just means that windows has blocked 8cars and you'll have to reboot your computer get another hack done, this is the reason I've switched back to XP because I needed a lot of hacks to accomplish what I wanted to build and otherwise you are working on a simple hack for 3hours instead of 30min like in winXP, this has made my project progress a lot better and the detail level went up a notch because I simply could get them in place when I wanted and not when my windows finally allowed me.

I hope this answers your question.

Okay, thanks. If only I had an XP, though. I guess I'll just live with it.

Read through this thread a few pages back where I have posted instructions numerous times on how to fix the Vista/8cars problem.

Thanks, but I read that. How do I disable the UAC? And what changes if I do...?

I disabled the visual themes and everything but the UAC first, played the game and a day later I disabled the UAC. I did, rebooted, and when I reopened my game, everything was gone. And I didn't do anything out of the ordinary, so I don't know what happened.

Oh, and after I rebooted, it said "Starting the game for the first time"

Hello I'm new to this site, been playing RCT2 for years and slowly getting better. Currently I'm working on landscaping a park that I see as having lots of islands and water themed rides. But I'm having issues getting my waterfalls to look right. Does anyone have screenshots or links to a game that may help me?

Thanks!

Okay, this is a n00b question. But I'm asking it anyway.

My park is rewarded the "Most beautiful Park", "Best Value Park", "Safest,"etc. I constantly check the paths to see if they're dirty, they're always clean. I check my overall guest thoughts page and the most dominant one is "I want to go home", and that's only at 70, and they're scattered all around the park. The rest is "Park is really clean and tidy," "great Scenery!", blah blah blah.

But my park rating is hovering at around 300. I've constantly tried for solutions, I have a specific mechanic for EVERY ride so none are broken down for long. None have ever crashed. It's so annoying to see the park rating so low!

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Nvm, I think it may be a glitch. Guests who are leaving to park are never heading in the parks exit's direction. Even when I place them right in front of the gate, they walk the other way...

Okay, this is a n00b question. But I'm asking it anyway.

My park is rewarded the "Most beautiful Park", "Best Value Park", "Safest,"etc. I constantly check the paths to see if they're dirty, they're always clean. I check my overall guest thoughts page and the most dominant one is "I want to go home", and that's only at 70, and they're scattered all around the park. The rest is "Park is really clean and tidy," "great Scenery!", blah blah blah.

But my park rating is hovering at around 300. I've constantly tried for solutions, I have a specific mechanic for EVERY ride so none are broken down for long. None have ever crashed. It's so annoying to see the park rating so low!

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Nvm, I think it may be a glitch. Guests who are leaving to park are never heading in the parks exit's direction. Even when I place them right in front of the gate, they walk the other way...

Sometimes when that happens to me, I go to Son of Beast Trainer and Close the park through that trainer. They all leave and you have a fresh start without guests whining about wanting to go home.

Are you using custom scenery or not?

I have some that have come with parks I've downloaded.

Okay then here's several pictures posted in the preview thread recently that might help.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=896034#p896034

Sometimes when that happens to me, I go to Son of Beast Trainer and Close the park through that trainer. They all leave and you have a fresh start without guests whining about wanting to go home.

The later versions of 8cars have a "remove all guests" feature to get them out faster.

These types of issues usually only occur when double (or bigger) wide paths are used. 99% of the time it is fixable. I have seen lots of GREAT parks with guests stuck all over the place and ratings as low as "0". In a few hours I can have all the issues fixed and the rating back up over "700" usually "999" without changing how the park looks. If you would like I can take a look at it and fix a few areas for you and send it back so you can fix the rest. If interested please check mark "Export Plugins" in the games options tab and include any unusual custom rides and also please zip the park. deltzroth@woh.rr.com

Don't worry, I fixed the angry guests problem, but I have another question...

I've been working on the same park for weeks now, and I just found the pack of custom B&M supports that I really want to use to fix all my rides. But the supports aren't part of the selected scenery that I used for the scenario. I remember hearing about some program that I could replace scenery with, but I can't remember what it is...

Anyone know what I'm talking about? Or is there any other way to replace scenery without using a program?