TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags South Carolina 1975-Today [RCT3]

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14th Season

We are having difficulties finding new ways to bring in the crowds. Our "$5 after 5" was not succesful and our newest addition is not bringing us an influx of guests as new additions usually do.

I will try to keep you updated.

- Joseph Reynolds

16221244399_8795f88bd8_o.jpg

Emerald Bay doesn't seem to be marketable enough to draw in the crowds we saw 3-4 years ago.

16407464155_f24db0b7e7_o.jpg

We received our highest attendance levels in 1984 when Vulture opened.

16381480286_7b55eaa4cb_o.jpg

We are communicating with corporate to see what can be done to reverse this decline.

Edited by coasterdude5

Really looking forward to seeing what happens with this park in the late 90's and early 00's, B&M are major business around this time but large B&M's in RCT3 tend to look wrong scale wise, looking forward to seeing if Charleston lay out mega money for a Nemesis style Inverter with loads of ground-hugging inversions

Think it might be time to call in a Vekoma Boomerang to draw in the crowds? or maybe a corkscrew?

Really looking forward to seeing what happens with this park in the late 90's and early 00's, B&M are major business around this time but large B&M's in RCT3 tend to look wrong scale wise, looking forward to seeing if Charleston lay out mega money for a Nemesis style Inverter with loads of ground-hugging inversions

Think it might be time to call in a Vekoma Boomerang to draw in the crowds? or maybe a corkscrew?

There's been quite a few of us waiting patiently for an Arrow multi inversion coaster. I'd love to see a smaller scale version of Steel Phantom.

There's been quite a few of us waiting patiently for an Arrow multi inversion coaster. I'd love to see a smaller scale version of Steel Phantom.

HMMMMMMMMM.......I remember a similar thing I said earlier in this thread, maybe great minds think alike in this situation? I also really want to see what's going to go down in the 1990's for this park, because for all I know the 00's are going to be something of note say the least.

14th Season

16321280441_6ff352f67a_o.jpg

Charleston Gardens Amusement Park has been put up for sale by its owner, Funtime Parks, Inc.

FPI says if the park is not sold by end of 1989, the park will close with rides being redistributed to FPI's other properties.

FPI will operate the park next season while it actively searches for a new owner.

16405706581_3dde18272f_o.jpg

Charleston Gardens opened in 1975 and was bought by FPI four years later.

16406539992_f868b978ff_o.jpg

The park recently added "Emerald Bay", which includes two family rides.

16407464135_4748eb3af3_o.jpg

Attendance has been declining for three seasons now. We will keep you updated on this developing situation.

Edited by coasterdude5

Guests want rides not a nice walk, they can go to a regular park for that, GIVE ME AWESOME RIDES^^

overall looking really nice, since you last added a junior coaster maybe add something more thrilling within the next 1-3years because you'll need something big if you want to raise the attendance, maybe a drop tower would look nice on your skyline, or a morgan hypercoaster would be cool aswell,

While I say thrilling I'd not place something that goes head over heals, maybe something between a real thrill and a family ride like a hypercoaster

14th Season

Hello everybody, I know it has been a rough week with the sudden news of the park's sale. However, I would like to announce that Funtime Parks, Inc. is very much interested in the park's well being. That being said, FPI will invest in a new attraction and general improvements for the 15th season as they continue the search for a new owner.

I will bring you any updates when I receive them.

Thanks for your continued support. And now for photos from the final day of the season.

Joseph Reynolds

16220054110_0088eeee5b_o.jpg

I've had several guests ask me if this was the park's final operating day... it is not.

16405706511_6b3f0e61d6_o.jpg

Looking towards a dark Vulture...

16221548927_03f93fedb4_o.jpg

...and its station.

16219826728_2d88d3167c_o.jpg

Millipede

16405706331_0a638a1b17_o.jpg

Heatwave acts as a nice backdrop to Emerald Bay.

16406539752_bd9bcf3c5b_o.jpg

Until next time,

Edited by coasterdude5

It took me 2 days but i read through this whole park. The whole time i was screaming in my head ENOUGH WITH THE SCENERY GIVE ME SOME RIDES. You said it yourself when you put in the Enterprise, this park needs a thrill ride. I mean I can see why you want to make the park as beautiful as possible, but you gotta remember you can't pull out iconic rides like the Carolina Calamity and then replace it with more buildings and a few kiddie rides. It desperately needs something big and steel, something to garner some attention in the nation. I mean Six Flags Great America just built the Shockwave and that thing is a beast. Look at how much attention that got.

Maybe there should be some liquidation of the assets or try to get some public backing in order to raise the funds for a new coaster.

While I love the scenery, I have to agree with everyone else that the park needs something big and bad to draw people into the park. An Arrow Mega-Looper or Intamin Stand Up would work well to bring people through the gate. A major flat ride could also draw people through the gate if a building another huge coaster is risky for the park.

I would suggest SF buy the park, but I've noticed that everyone else's park is being bought out/built by SF, it would be sorta cliche.

15th Season

This summer, take an adventure on Charleston Gardens Amusement Park's newest ride, The Magic Carpet.

Flying high over Emerald Bay, The Magic Carpet will thrill riders as they soar into the sky.

Charleston Gardens Amusement Park opens for its 15th season next week.

16407472955_ba9c091b6d_o.jpg

The Magic Carpet is located on a continuation of the Atlantic Avenue midway.

16220063140_2281366bac_o.jpg

Riders will have a great view of Emerald Bay from The Magic Carpet.

Edited by coasterdude5