TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Matt goes to Morey's Piers Golden Nugget Event

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Great pics! Thanks for letting us visit your other website to view your other photos. We didn't go and have refreshments and and to see what they are doing to the pier because we were really cold and I knew it would be mostly ACE'rs in there.

May I ask what you personally have against ACE'ers. Man, it's like poison on this site! I'm surprised Big Mike wasn't kicked off for attending an ACE winter event and posting photos! Geesh!

Any way, I was the evil ACE speaker (ya know, the rep for those awful slobbering, fat, always eating mongloids) and I can tell you that maybe a quarter of everyone at the reception afterwards were ACE'ers. Was a nice turnout from ACE'ers from states even beyond NJ. I was impressed with that!

As long as I'm allowed, I will post some photos my wife and I took at this very special event. It was fantastic!

^I am a "X" ACEr so I personally don't have anything against them. My parents are still in ACE & I enjoy reading their issues of Roller Coaster as well as the news issue even though I usually know everything in the news issue thanks to Screamscape & of course TPR! Once in awhile I'll attend an event like ACE day at Hershey or Dorney just to get some ert in. It is an ok club it is just the fact that there are mostly old people in it & TPR allows more than just coaster talk, there is humor involved, & the trips are AMAZING!

May I ask what you personally have against ACE'ers. Man, it's like poison on this site! I'm surprised Big Mike wasn't kicked off for attending an ACE winter event and posting photos! Geesh!

Adam, instead of creating unnecessary drama between any groups why don't you let the people who enjoy being part of ACE enjoy posting about it, like Big Mike, and those that don't speak their minds about it, like Matt.

I don't feel your comments added anything to the conversion and were counter productive to anyone who is on the fence about ACE.

As long as I'm allowed, I will post some photos my wife and I took at this very special event. It was fantastic!

Of course you're allowed. Contrary to any rumors we don't go around banning people or not allowing them to take part in Theme Park Review if they are members of ACE. Your post fulfilled the stereotypes of ACE that are often commented about here.

If you have any questions or issues about this Adam you should know you can contact me directly.

Two things to remember about TPR -

1. TPR makes more fun of TPR than ANY OTHER GROUP out there! We never take ourselves TOO seriously so why does ACE? It's about having fun remember? Amusement parks should equal "fun" not "childish behaviour."

2. Disclaimer! You need a sense of humor to view our site,

if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back now!

--Robb

I'm sorry but there is a general air of ACE hating on this site. You can't pretend it doesn't exist. Are those people entitled to their opinion? Yes, of course. But it's disheartening every time you want to post something and add to this site and all I see is negative vibes about ACE. It's the people on *your* site, Robb, who are stereotypical, not my behavior. I'm simply defending the very club I represent.

There is plenty of fun to be had in ACE and at ACE events. It's not old and boring as some people would allude to. Yes, TPR offers a forum which is very young and hip but ACE is the original and has lots of merit as well. Can't we all just get along?

Just keep in mind that it's the people posting on this thread that has me thinking twice about posting my perspective. That doesn't seem very inclusive to me. Maybe I'm the crazy one?

To FlyerACE1, I am sorry that you took my comment the wrong way but the reason why I said that is because there was a large number of people who belong to ACE that attended the event. Second, while serving refreshments I knew that there would be talk and discussions about the future devolopment of the pier and the new coaster that they are building, something that most people in ACE are interested in learning about and there is nothing wrong with that,personally I'm not. Third, your speech was very moving and touching. That is the way I felt every time I rode the Golden Nugget. I believe you spoke for everyone at the ceremony that day about how they feel about that ride, myself included. In conclusion I AM NOT AN ACE HATER OR BASHER! I believe you took my comment out of text.I would like to thank Robb for quoting his disclaimer about his website that you must have a sense of humor to visit this website and I believe everyone who belongs to this site does indeed have one. You only need to look at TPR's trip reports and see how they make fun of each other and the pranks that they pull on one another. Thank you for your input Robb.

To FlyerACE1, I am sorry that you took my comment the wrong way but the reason why I said that is because there was a large number of people who belong to ACE that attended the event. Second, while serving refreshments I knew that there would be talk and discussions about the future devolopment of the pier and the new coaster that they are building, something that most people in ACE are interested in learning about and there is nothing wrong with that,personally I'm not. Third, your speech was very moving and touching. That is the way I felt every time I rode the Golden Nugget. I believe you spoke for everyone at the ceremony that day about how they feel about that ride, myself included. In conclusion I AM NOT AN ACE HATER OR BASHER! I believe you took my comment out of text.I would like to thank Robb for quoting his disclaimer about his website that you must have a sense of humor to visit this website and I believe everyone who belongs to this site does indeed have one. You only need to look at TPR's trip reports and see how they make fun of each other and the pranks that they pull on one another. Thank you for your input Robb.

Thank you for clarifying, Bobafet. Trust me, I meant no harm and my response was not a personal attack on anyone. I most certainly understand the idea of poking fun at one another. Trust me, I do my fair share of that myself. I know "our kind"!

That said, I do feel very strongly about ACE and its members. The club has meant a lot to me since I joined in '95 and I've met so many great people. Is the club perfect? Not by a long shot. As rep in NJ, I'm trying to change some things and create a friendly, fun and welcoming vibe. I also welcome anyone who has issue with ACE to contact me personally. I would love to chat.

Also understand that Robb and I have a long history. Won't say we were ever the best of friends but we certainly did our fair share of hanging out back in the late 90's, early 2000's. Our paths changed direction a bit and we haven't always seen eye-to-eye but I can admire his success with this site. It is a force to be reckoned with in the industry. One day I'll have to post a photo of Robb with an ACE shirt. I'm sure I can dig one up!

Any way, back on topic. It truly was an honor to be a part of the Golden Nugget event and I'm glad you enjoyed my speech (and waited in the cold long enough to hear it). I absolutely adored the ride as a child and will definitely miss it. While I won't post a full fledged PTR here, I will direct you to my photo site to check out some photos my wife and I took:

http://flyerace1.smugmug.com/gallery/7262218_Jh2jU#466783759_MbFPy

There is also a very well-done video on www.darkinthepark.com to check out. It's on the front page. Enjoy!

^^ All is cool amongst us coaster crazy people, FlyerACE1. Thanks for the link to your site. Your photos were great. Yeah, it was cold that day but I didn't mind it. I work outside in the cold weather so I guess my body is used to weather like that. Also, I had homemade turkey soup waiting for me back at my house to warm me up after the ceremony!