TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PhotoTR: Kings Island vs. Hurricane Ike

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. I actually had no idea that Ike hit Ohio. Especially that hard. Living in South Florida, we've adapted, as well as most of the trees, to hurricanes. But up in Cincinnatti you're not prepared for that type of wind storm. A lot of trees must have come down. I was in the park once when their was a severe wind storm, and tornado warning, and it was very scary. Glad you're alright JZ.

We were at CP that weekend, but lucked out and left at Sunday (2:30). It was windy, but all of the rides were open. I think that TTD closed just as we were leaving.

We then started to hit the wind coming home through Cleveland, but got home before the major wind storm hit. Didn't lose power here, but it took me an hour to clean up all of the branches in my backyard...and I live in Western NY!

I can only imagine the poor folks on the Gulf Coast of Texas.

Here in Missouri all we got was about a full week of rain, up to like 8 inches in one day. Pretty severe flooding went on, but no hardcore storms. I love thunderstorms, that sounds like it would've been thrilling!

• 2 weeks later...