TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

If you could get rid of one thing..

It seems as if we've hit a stalemate with the fast pass issue. We all have mixed emotions on the issue, and with this topic in danger of becoming a battle field for unnecessary flaming and a pointless loop, let's just all agree to disagree. If you're for fast pass, buy 'em; if you're not, get upset everytime someone takes your seat. That's the end of fast pass. There are so many other things parks can do away with that are worse than prior mention.

I think that parks that continue to operate in the "off season" should adjust their prices to accomidate the change in operating budget. Disneyland is a text book example. Is it fair for it to still cost 69 bucks to get in when the Mattehorn is only running one side, or only seven rockets on Space Mountain? Is it fair for me to have to pay the same price for food that I have to wait longer for because food stands aren't as staffed in Febuary as they would be in July? Of course I'm not attacking THIS park. All parks get away with similar things in one way or another. I think some type of lowered admission should be implemented or some type of compensation should fall into play for off-seasons.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Large lines (30+ minutes long). I remember during 1980's, the lines are almost never that bad. I could get 10+ rides on a same coasters within a hour. Unfortunately, today it is just bad.

* 1.5 hour minimum wait for Magnum @ CP in 1989. If you got on in less than 45 minutes the first three years this coaster was open, consider yourself lucky!

* 2 hour line for White Water Canyon @ CW when it opened in 1984.

* 1.5 hour wait for a back seat ride on 'The Beast' @ KI in 1987.

* 1 hour wait for Skyrider @ CW in 1985.

* 1 hour wait for Vortex @ KI in 1987.

Just to name a few....

Believe me, I have been riding coasters and going to parks for many, many years. I am sure that there are other "geezers" on this site like me that can attest - there have ALWAYS been lines and there ALWAYS will be lines...especially for the new rides.

Ride-ops who feels that its necessary to put their entire weight on the restraints. It was the case with pretty much all the ride-ops on SROS @ SFNE when I rode it this summer, which took away a lot of the fun.

Ok, so this wasn't just my imagination. I was there at the beginning of the season, marathoning ROS backseats in the rain, with a CERTAIN bitchy ride-op who halted dispatch in order to instruct a new guy in proper restraint. Apparently, said restraint involves bruising hip and shinbones.

I've also seen the same ops over the summer.

Something to get rid of?!???! S:RoS's ankle-biting, calf-smashing, airtime-killing restraints. It wasn't the enthusiasts fault that he fell out. /;)

1. Large lines (30+ minutes long). I remember during 1980's, the lines are almost never that bad. I could get 10+ rides on a same coasters within a hour. Unfortunately, today it is just bad.

* 1.5 hour minimum wait for Magnum @ CP in 1989. If you got on in less than 45 minutes the first three years this coaster was open, consider yourself lucky!

* 2 hour line for White Water Canyon @ CW when it opened in 1984.

* 1.5 hour wait for a back seat ride on 'The Beast' @ KI in 1987.

* 1 hour wait for Skyrider @ CW in 1985.

* 1 hour wait for Vortex @ KI in 1987.

Just to name a few....

Believe me, I have been riding coasters and going to parks for many, many years. I am sure that there are other "geezers" on this site like me that can attest - there have ALWAYS been lines and there ALWAYS will be lines...especially for the new rides.

Ok. I have never been to those parks in 1980s. I've been going to Valleyfair, Adventureland, SFGam during those times and lines rarely exceeded 30+ long. Maybe I just got lucky during 1980's.

Anyway, my point is I really wish parks would crack down on long lines. They could get rid of fastpass system. Train ride ops to move quickly as possible, make them motivated, invest in higher capacity rides, add more shows and exhibits, etc.

^Uh yah, not so funny. Besides, Christiana is awesome! A trip without her would be very boring, especially when you clash.

"When Bitches Collide"

So about the whole line cutters. I forgot what park I was at on the East Coast Trip, but I remember a security guard handing out tickets in line to keep everyone in place. The funny thing is, they just collect them at the end without checking the numbers. Seems kind of pointless and waste of a perfectly good tree.

Ok. I have never been to those parks in 1980s. I've been going to Valleyfair, Adventureland, SFGam during those times and lines rarely exceeded 30+ long. Maybe I just got lucky during 1980's.

Are you kidding? When Demon was new the line was always enormous, it even had extra queue houses that were removed since then. American Eagles line in the 1980s were massive, filling that whole gigantic tent and spilling far out onto the midway and that was with 6 train operation. Shockwave in 1988, huge lines again. Most of the new rides SFGAm got in the 80s+BTR were way longer than the new ride lines now.

I would not get rid of the fast-pass/flash pass/q-bot systems as a whole, but get rid of the "through the exit and right on" aspect. I think any ride that has a system like this should be set up with a merging point right before the station, that way people can pick what row they would like and the capacity issue would be helped a bit since you wouldn't have designated rows for people with the pass.