TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Telemegaphone

Telemegaphone Dale stands seven metres tall on top of the Bergskletten mountain overlooking the idyllic Dalsfjord in Western Norway.

When you dial the Telemegaphone’s phone number the sound of your voice is projected out across the fjord, the valley and the village of Dale below.

www.unsworn.org/telemegaphone/

When I first read about this I was like what the hell. I tried calling, but I wasn't sure how to type the plus symbol. If you click on the link you can find the number to call.

If anybody has any success with this please post.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would suck to be dumped by a girl that way...

"IT'S OOOVVVVEEEERRRRR...."

Man that would suck. But I would hate to live in that town and have some weird unknown person yelling into it all night long. Did they think anything good would come out of this?

Also I am not sure, but I have heard this goes on for 24 hours, and I have heard it goes on until September 6th, but I don't have an official answer.

^^

The + key is shared with 0 on my phone, and you just hold it for a second to make it come up, but it varies from phone to phone.

In short, "+" just means "insert dial out code for your country". On mobile phones it inserts the relevant one for the country you are currently using the phone in by pressing +, so you don't have to remember the codes.

But if your phone doesn't have the + key, just type in the code yourself from here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_international_call_prefixes

So for the U.S, it's 011.

dialplus.JPG.6904f6935aea3a93ee60a10ae836de67.JPG

Not to most teens who have their parent's pay the phone bill as they rack up the minutes and texts like it doesn't matter. No, most do not think of the charges and consequences.

I've heard of a few people that talked on the phone or text while over seas and they had to pay a few hundred to a few thousand dollars...same idea.