TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SF Great Adventure - Is It Too Crowded July 4 Afternoon

I have a group of 3 headed to Great Adventure on Friday (July 4). However, we can't get there until about 2:00 pm. We plan to buy a gold qbot (possibly in advance, to make sure they aren't sold out). I've never gone on the 4th of July, and have no idea if it is empty or extra crowded that holiday.

We don't plan to go back there this summer, and we haven't ridden Kingda Ka, El Toro, or Dark Knight yet. We have to get in multiples of those, plus many rides on Nitro.

Does anyone think is isn't worthwhile going there for that period of time? Will it be just too damn crowded by then? Think that, with the gold qbot, we'll have enough time to hit the big coasters plus the other ones at least once?

Also, I read that qbots have to be picked up by noon, but I'm assuming that, if paid in advance, they'll hold it until we arrive.

Thanks for any advice,

Steve in Philly

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember I went to Magic Mountain last summer during July 3 and it was empty.

I don't know how the crowds will be at that park, but if it's like Six Flags Magic Mountains in anyway, it shouldn't be crowded at all.

(But I would still plan on it because it will probably be)

--James

Yeah, I'd be very surprised if it wasn't packed, especially with it being a Friday this year so people will be staying through the night.

I'm not gonna say it's not worth it to go, but I just wouldn't expect to be getting on everything you want to. The new Gold Q-Bots should help you out a lot with getting around the park so at least that's good. The only thing about that is I'm not even sure if you'd be able to get one arriving at 2:00. I'd call the park or something and I've never heard of pre-paying for one but I guess you can do that, right?

Definitely call the park to make sure you're going to have a Q-Bot when you're there, because then I'm not sure if it's worth going.

Hopefully everything works out and you enjoy your day.

Well, we went for the 4th, got there around 1:15 pm, and did buy a gold Q*Bot. Overall, the park wasn't too bad. We probably didn't NEED the Qbot, but it certainly helped.

Most of the coaster lines were about 15 - 20 minutes. With Qbot, we had a 5 min virtual wait.

The big savings were for the coasters we wanted to hit most. Kingda Ka, which apparently was down earlier, had a long wait. We got two rides on KK, and as expected, liked it as much as TTD.

El Toro was down half the day, coming up around 3:30 pm. People flocked to that ride, and it was great getting 3 quick rides on it while there was a 45 min wait. We rode one last time on ET at night, and it was a walk on for all, but we wouldn't have wanted to wait that long. El Toro was worth ALL the hype and more. It has jumped into one of my top 5 coasters, and was just amazing.

Finally, QBot REALLY came in handy for The Dark Knight. The lines were consistently long all day. Had I waited an hour for that lousy lame mouse in a box, I would have been pretty upset. As it was, it was worth the no line wait to check it out. Unless it's a walk on, I won't be going on it in the future.

One last thank you to the new improved QBot. This model lets you select the ride from anywhere in the park. You can automatically tell how long a line is. You can select the next ride as soon as you are scanned in on the current ride. However, the big advantage for us was knowing when a ride was down or up. It saved us the trouble of walking through the park to find that something was down, and it allowed us to know as soon as El Toro came back up. Very cool!

Steve in Philly