TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Thailand trip 2008

I love photos of wacky foreign parks. Their really interesting to look at mainly because of how random they can be.

I remember starting a thread on that Blue Coaster a long time ago and its exactly the same since when I started it. Why spend money on a ride that just wouldn't work at all, the money could be spent on much better things. It makes you think, doesn't it. Thats why their so interesting.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Foreign parks are fun, but I have to say that I have never seen a park so deserted in my life. Do these parks ever get enough business to stay open? It would be interesting to see a attendance report of these parks.

Looking forward to the next installment.

next time you are there, look for a Thai carnival!!!!!! Its like a ghetto fair, but Thai style! Awesome! Last one we went to had a game with this huge circle and numbers painted above holes around the circle. You "bought" a number for the game, then they brought out this HUGE rat type animal and shook it around in a bucket till it was dizzy, then let it go. If it ran into your numbered hole you win!!!! Weird

I would love to see this game at Disney. Also the chained up animals are really sad, and it seems dangerous to have angry monkeys that close to your visitors. Also those bathrooms were pretty bull if you know what I mean.

Nice TPR. The Jurassic Park Jeep Ride dinos look like the ones from the train ride that transports you all around Disneyland lol. And it does look like half the park is rotting. And do they even care for those monkeys? I'm no animal rights activist, but havent they looked at some real zoos around the world or Disney's Animal Kingdom and see how they care for their monkeys? Besides that was the zoo any good, other than chained up angry mistreated monkeys?

I have a question concerning Vekomas: are they the least expensive rides to build, and is that why new parks or parks that are slowly growing have them as their main attractions? Because I know with Vekoma's bad reputation that many roller coaster enthusiasts would prefer a B&M, an Intamin, or a GCI coaster over a Vekoma, but the parks whose TPRs i've read that are located outside of the US and Britain all have Vekomas as their main attractions except for Warner Bros. Madrid (is it?) and a few Japanese parks.

And a more general question: Does anyone on here know how much Intamins, B&Ms, and GCIs cost? I know it depends on the roller coaster being built, but I'm just curious.

How did the coaster going through the hubless ferris wheel make any sense at all? I know there is no hubs, but the wires holding up that big sign in the middle would get ripped on the track or slice the track. Does anyone else see that?

^Two things. Below is a closer up picture that I took. I don't believe they would have a problem with it, but the coaster was not operating anyway. The other thing is that the sign is now gone. I was in the area the other day and saw that the ferris wheel has nothing in the center anymore. Maybe they are going to operate the coaster now and took the sign down!

2064260791_2ndtimeinBangkok054.JPG.b57f3d459484c5691109440a8d4cd5fc.JPG

Thanks for clearing that up, I was also wondering how that was going to work. I hope both of these parks get up and running completely, it seems like such a waste right now! Siam is moving in the right direction in a lot of areas, they have some good, basic coasters. And the flats, there seems to be a lot of Huss there, which is a good thing to me.

Wonderworld looks like it could be so nice. It just seems like it's going in the opposite direction. It built up in some areas nicely, but nothing is open or running! Well, once again, I hope they both eventually get up and running

Shame on the park managers for letting the animals suffer in that way. I know it sounds preachy, but can't they put some chain link around the enclosure or something. I mean monkeys with chains on their necks?! Here's a park I won't visit

They really need to build enclosurse around those animal habitats instead of having them animals chained up. it was so sad. I used to think America was a bit behind other asian countries but now i beg to differ. I'm really starting to think we America really is a bit more advanced in common sense when it comes to stuff like this. Poor Animals.

Hi all!

I have been to this park many times over the last few years. The management is putting much effort into improving their park. In the hop eto bring the park back to life.

As for the animals. Last time I heard was that the management wants to give it away to government run zoos. But they were told to wait. However, this is no way to treat the animals. We should write to the park for complain about this treatment. This is their e-mail contactus@siamparkcity.com Do we allow to give their e-mail?

The new Log Flume, I believed, is from Mack. The old one went to scrap!

Therw will install 11 new attraction due to finished by the end of 2009. One home made (African Adventure) and 10 more rides all from European manufacturers.

parks in Thailand are very seasonal. Our summer is in mid-March till mid-May and again in October. This are when the school holidays are.

I have some picture of when the park is packed out.

This is the picture of the front entrance on 23rd October 2007. The day of accident.

entry2.jpg.70d96e46af99dccbe43f08640d9a5317.jpg